Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sorry Guys,I ain't been around much.....................................

There ain't enough cinnamon in the world the help me there; I've got a 0.7 acre lot in Lorena, TX that's infested with fire ants... :ugh

Perhaps you could stake out some leftwing barking moon-bats? If the yammering doesn't chase away the fire ants, perhaps the fire ants might take care of the moon-bats...

Mac

Perhaps you could stake out some leftwing barking moon-bats? If the yammering doesn't chase away the fire ants, perhaps the fire ants might take care of the moon-bats...

Tempting thought; but the moon-bats are more irritating than the ants -- who at least, unlike the moon-bats, mind their own business...

Have you heard of this innovative beehive design? https://youtu.be/0_pj4cz2VJM There are several videos by the same group including one that gives detail of how it works.

Mac

Yeah,I've seen it,I ordered just the top box to put on 1 of my hives as a novelty for the grand kids!:thumb
They are too expensive though,I can buy 14 shallow Honey Supers for the price of 1 of them.:L
I'm not much for plastic in my hives either.
I'm more into wood frames and all natural materials,next year I'll start replacing my plastic Honey Buckets with Stainless Steel,But I need to gain back more of my investment first,I've got well over $12K invested in insects and equipment so far! :beer

Last edited:

Did the extra weight affect your handling and mileage much?

Mac
I don't think it sets too low...................

Wha'ya Think Mac?

:D:D:D

IMG_2173%20Medium_zpsjww7njwn.jpg

IMG_2166%20Medium_zpszt4wohmy.jpg

IMG_2167%20Medium_zpsxi0hfjdn.jpg

Hey Son! THAT'S one "SWEET" ride! :thumb :L
Dad

I don't think it sets too low...................

Wha'ya Think Mac?

:D:D:D
I've seen lowered Vettes with less clearance. Nice packing job, too!!

Mac

Junk, that's not the same gray vette I saw leave Lebanon with the yellow rear bumper is it. If so let's not let Dwayne think that's what keeps it riding high enough to handle that load. :L

Junk, that's not the same gray vette I saw leave Lebanon with the yellow rear bumper is it. If so let's not let Dwayne think that's what keeps it riding high enough to handle that load. :L
Same Vette,Different Jars!:D

Only if it's marked "XXX" like Granny's good stuff.

Mac

How well do you think a catalytic converter would handle Granny's Go Juice...? ;)

Granny seemed to have a knack with her brew but her generation didn't have to deal with the power-stealing pollution stuff. Can you imagine... the show I linked played in 1968!!

Mac

Granny seemed to have a knack with her brew but her generation didn't have to deal with the power-stealing pollution stuff. Can you imagine... the show I linked played in 1968!!

Hard to believe it's been that long already...

But I figured corn squeezin's was corn squeezin's -- whether it came out of Granny's jug or the pump down to the corner (i.e., ethanol)... ;)

The other jars were a bit lighter in color. ;LOL
The darker stuff would probably be VERY good on pancakes.
The lighter stuff.............MEH.......not so much! :L
Andy :w

Well guys another bumper crop of Sourwood Honey! :thumb
If your in the area,I'll sell bulk!:L
Bring your own jug! :D

IMG_2296%20Medium_zpsova3wyih.jpg

IMG_2304%20Medium_zpsxmzxzxpo.jpg

I have some already packaged too!:thumb:thumb

IMG_2193%20Medium_zpsyxswy28g.jpg

Well guys another bumper crop of Sourwood Honey! :thumb
If your in the area,I'll sell bulk!:L
Bring your own jug! :D

Very cool! You need to take some of that on the road and peddle your wares at Carlisle in a few weeks! That's probably the closest I'll be able to get to your beekeeping operation in the foreseeable future.

Very cool! You need to take some of that on the road and peddle your wares at Carlisle in a few weeks! That's probably the closest I'll be able to get to your beekeeping operation in the foreseeable future.
I've been known to make road trips!:thumb

:D

IMG_2167%20Medium_zpsxi0hfjdn.jpg

IMG_2166%20Medium_zpszt4wohmy.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom