Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sorry guys, I went camera crazy today

Passenger side.

This is the side with all the boo boos, and O2 sensor. My emblems are crooked on the hood and fender, and there is a flaw in the body on the rear quarter panel. We will usually keep this side out of the photos.

If you saw the movie Zoolander... you would laugh when I now say.

"It is a beautiful model, but it can't turn right!"

Wow, Again. :) I love the gleam of the sunlight. That is one awesome shine coming off of that car. Nice paint job. :)

I kinda like that shot that is your "least favorite".

We still want to hear her rumble though.

Scott :w

Absolutely incredible. Top shelf! Hope to see your killer shark in person one day. :upthumbs :_rock

Chris,
Do you remember which thread detailed how you did your gauges? I really like that. I did that same thing in my '72 Chevy Pickup and love it. I know it was a lot of work and the gauges alone are a-lotta-bucks. But I really would like to do something similar. Let me know if you remember. That would also make a really good article!!!!!

Stryker_78 said:

Me too! :upthumbs

We still want to hear her rumble though.

Scott, you ARE coming to Bowling Green for the Sharkfest aren't you? You'll be able to hear it rumble when Chris takes it there. :D

_ken :w

Stryker_78 said:

Me three! :D

It is looking so awesome, Chris, I don't know if I'm going to be able to get very close to it at Sharkfest because I might get drool all over it...

Great job!
Barb :w

Quote:
Originally posted by Stryker_78

Me Four!!!! I put that pic on my desktop. Very cool Car!!!

Michael

Chris, That car will win in any show you put it in. Can't wait to see it.

........... Nut

Thanks guys.

I am finally enjoying a little bit of what all of you with finished cars have been enjoying for years.

There were many times I would step foot out in the garage with bloody knuckles, itchy skin (from fiberglass fibers), and of course a broken wallet and wonder....why am I doing this????

In the back of my mind I kept a picture posted up that looked very much like what you have seen here. I kept working to that goal, and have tried to be as flexible as possible when things have not gone my way.

I have run into so many road blocks and problems to get to this point. Yes, the oil leak is ticking me off, but I guess that is small potatoes on the big scale of things.

You have been able to watch and share with me the ups and downs of this project from nearly the very start.

Sometimes, just your support and interest in my project alone has kept me interested in pushing forward.

Hope to see you all in person soon.

Then, after Sharkfest I have to retool the whole car. I am already drawing my mental pictures of the six speed trans, steeroids, aluminum calipers, etc. etc. that may be able to make a debute by June 03 at the 50th celebration.........stay tuned!

Finished? When are they ever finished?

.......... Nut

Ya know...you should post some side by side pics of the car when you got it and the way it is now. It would allow people that haven't known the full lineage of the car to really start to appreciate all that you've done...

Evolution1980 said:
Ya know...you should post some side by side pics of the car when you got it and the way it is now. It would allow people that haven't known the full lineage of the car to really start to appreciate all that you've done...

I agree. Most people won't believe what you started with or even that you chose to save that car at all.

Tom

Chris,

speechless :cool :cool :cool :cool

Somewhere along the line you said something about flaws, are you kidding! :BOW :BOW :BOW :BOW

Just beutiful.

Steve :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom