Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sound clip of the exhaust.

Corvette
1987 Z52 Black Convertible
http://home.comcast.net/~vettefan87/vette.wmv

You really need to turn it up loud and have a sub, to get the full affect. That and I really did not rev the crap out of it, just to about 4 grand, I hate revving it hard. Enjoy!

That sounds pretty good.:upthumbs

Sounds Real Good! :D

Louder than mine but kinda the same.

Yeah I put canister mufflers on it that my brother took off when he got the muffler elims and now my dad said it sounds like a six banger camaro :cry . Guess I will be ordering muffler elims here pretty soon...

No Corvette should ever sound like a 6 banger Camaro!:L

Yeah I can't even hear it running, but now I can hear the radio... What is the difference between the muffler eliminators that are chambered, and the ones that aren't? I definetly don't want the car to get louder.

sounds good! A little bit throaty... :D

Yup, I just put the canister mufflers on this afternoon, and absolutely hate it. Will try to upload some of that tomorrow if I can get a hold of my buddy with the camera.

I took the canisters off of mine and put straight pipes on. Think they were from a later model they have the flat tips. It sounds good with the cats on but with the convertible the noise carrys into the car quite badly. Afraid for the sake of long road trips the canisters will have to go back on.:ugh
I can't hear my sell phone ring in my shirt pocket.
:w

I will have to get the muffler elims back on, it is way way to quiet for me. I am spoiled having it be so loud, and intimidating. With the way it was it almost sounded like it had a cam in it.

So, vettefan, have you decided against the dumping of the vette? You sound much more upbeat in this thread than you did in "Decisions".

toms94 said:
So, vettefan, have you decided against the dumping of the vette? You sound much more upbeat in this thread than you did in "Decisions".

Yeah I am going to probably end up keeping it. I pretty much have a brand new car when you look at it from an engine standpoint, and it still shifts hard as ever. Oh well I am sure I will find out what is wrong, it will probably be something really minute that I have overlooked and then I will feel really stupid...

Is there an exhaust system that sounds like a Ferrari? You know, it is not as loud as a muscle car, but more so sounds like a high pitch motorcylcle engine?

SSTibet said:
Is there an exhaust system that sounds like a Ferrari? You know, it is not as loud as a muscle car, but more so sounds like a high pitch motorcylcle engine?

I think people have said the Bassani (sp?) have said that exhaust system sounds very "European." I'm sure someone will chime in with the fact. I'm just going off memory, which sometimes isn't very good.:L

Does Bassani still make C4 exhausts? Last I checked, they seemed to only have C5 stuff.

I still think the PowerEffects (or SideEffects) have the best sound by far for a C4 - but they're also darned near impossible to get.
[RICHR]

rrubel said:
Does Bassani still make C4 exhausts? Last I checked, they seemed to only have C5 stuff.

I still think the PowerEffects (or SideEffects) have the best sound by far for a C4 - but they're also darned near impossible to get.
[RICHR]

I think Bassani made C4 exhausts. At least that's what my memory tells me so they may not make C4 exhausts!:L:L:L

I've heard the Power Effects on a ZR-1 and those things are nice. Didn't the company go under or something like that? If I recall correctly (there goes that memory of mine again), wasn't the Power Effects in the $1,000 neighborhood?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom