Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spark Plug Wire Loom

gedmeyer

Corvette
former L81 owner!
Does anybody have suggestions for a wire loom set? I want to route my spark plug wires along the valve covers and then down to the plug wires. Something simple and nice looking does the trick for me.

Generally, I prefer to not to do product advertising for the parts in my car, so I'd prefer that they weren't stamped with some logo.

-gedmeyer

GO TO WWW.SUMMITRACING.COM LOOK UP PART NUMBER RNM-1114B....I HAVE THESE ON MY 73 WITH HOOKER SUPERCOMP HEADERS AND THEY LOOK SWEET...NOT TOO BIG AND BULKY VERY SLENDER AND CLEAN.....

Those look to be what I want. I'll have to see if I can get those in a polished AL finish...I don't have any blue under the hood!

thanks
-gedmeyer

I put a set of Moroso's on mine... they are a low grade chrome plate. They do the trick though. I'll see if I can take a pic tomorrow.

gedmeyer said:
Those look to be what I want. I'll have to see if I can get those in a polished AL finish...I don't have any blue under the hood!

thanks
-gedmeyer

On the same website, try RNM-1101P(small block) RNM-1102P(big block)

So those mount horizontally above the headers, w/ the wires across the top?

They should solve my need for organization the hood. I can't stand the clutter.

-gedmeyer

Here is a picture of mine on the passenger side. R&M Specialties Billet Wire Looms Part # RNM-1101S

plug_wires_passenger_side.jpg

The eyes appear the first thing to go, what do the brackets attach to?

Don't have ram horns....hooker side pipes and headers should be at my door early next week!

Here's another set of the R-M looms; with cut-yourself-to-fit MSD Heli-Core wires, makes a neat package:

200222815326-0-GSeng.jpg

:beer

You can amke your own looms out of a bunch of zip ties!

If that doesnt wotk..... just put some tape on em!

74bigblock said:
You can amke your own looms out of a bunch of zip ties!

If that doesnt wotk..... just put some tape on em!

and when they ask tell em' bubba done it......

Question... I currently am using a set of AC Delco plug wires (they have less than 3000 miles on them). Since I will no longer be routing the wires under the headers, can I cut my current wires and recrimp them to a shorter length? If so, what do I need to do this right?

-gedmeyer

I would cut your wires to fit to length. It gives it a much cleaner look....start at the plug and work your way through the wire loom and cut at the distributor side. That way you can make each wire have the same amount of bend from the plug to the loom and up to the dist and it all looks uniform. Ill try and get some pics of mine for you later......

Do I just reuse the old boot and connector? I'm assuming the connector is crimped onto the wire? I've never done this w/ plug wires.

I just cut mine off and replaced them with the wires JohnZ is using (and recommended by the way).

You can get the spark plug and coil boots and buy a tool (it comes with directions) to put them on. Ken pointed me at Taylor Vertex and I eventually found them at MSD as well.

The way the wire kit comes it has the spark plug boot on a wire, which you cut to size and add the distributor boot.

Cut the wire off at the distributor and pull it out. Some will come off without cutting but those that came through the engine block definitely need the end cut off to pull through.

If you buy the MSD Heli-Core "Universal" wire set (which you cut to proper lengths and add the distributor terminals/boots), the stripping and crimping tool comes with the wire set, and the wires are now available in black as well as colors for the "stock" look.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom