Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spark Plug Wires

G

go16

Hi - I need to get some new spark plug wires for my 1990 and was wondering if someone could give my an idea on what kind to get. I came across some Borg Warner CH869SP and didn't know about the quality of these.
Thanks

P.S. This is not for the ZR-1

C

c4ever

I went with Accell. You may want to check out the search engine. Taylor has also been mentioned quite a bit.

T

Toyman30011

I had a set of Taylors on my 90 for 2 years without a problem. I went with a set of MSD supercondutor's when I replaced them.

vettl83

Corvette
91 L98 Quasar Blue, 91 ZR1 Red, 07 AO Coupe
I run TPIS and haven't had any problems with them, but there are other good ones out there too. This is in the 84. Now for the ZR-1 we have very limited choices.

I

intruder9

Went with Magnecor 7mm wires, D.U.I. distributor cap and rotor, Dyna-mod ignition module and Denso Iridium plugs.

Talk about a big difference, but then again, the other stuff was a little burnt!

Trance_LT4

Corvette
Red 96 LT4 coupe
I had nothing but trouble from accel when I used them on my camaro. They fell apart when they got hot. I use MSD now

Paul G

Corvette
96 CE LT4 Convertible
I put a set of Taylors on my 88. So far I like em. I chose them because I wanted red. See pic here Theres nothing wrong with AC delco wires. They are top quality wires for a stock ignition.

G

go16

OK - Thanks everyone for your input. I' ve got a pretty good idea now.

Gary

jeepie

Corvette
1991 Coupe Blk/Blk
I use the taylor 8mm wires, they are the correct lengths and fit in the stock looms perfect, and the ends are already made up just plug them in.

G

go16

Thanks Jeepie for the info , I'll probably go with those !!!

jeepie

Corvette
1991 Coupe Blk/Blk
Your welcome, one more thing. Most of the looms will probably break when you touch them, so plan on ordering a few, also it is a real PIA the route the wires the same way they are in there, so plan on taking your time. I used a piece of rope to pull them through and then tied the new wire on and pulled it back. It will take you a while.
Oh yea, the GM p/n for the two position looms is
12043158 I think they are about $2.25 each.
Good luck.

Topless

Corvette
1992 Convt w/hard top; 2004 Z06 Z16; 1962 327/300
Same suggestions for an LT-1? I am planning my shopping list for next month. On the list:
Bosh platinum +4
TPIS air intake (from radiator side)
TB air foil

-Mike

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Topless,

I just installed the Bosch +4's with a set of AC Delco wires. The plugs were $5.99 each and the wires were $39.99 for an 8 mm set. It really sounds and feels smooth, no complaints here.

As for the air foil, check out eBay. I got mine on eBay for $30.00; shipping was like $5.00 or something like that. They have those in the catalogs made the name brand companies that cost almost twice as much, but I think they're the same thing. It took me about 10 minutes to install it and I did notice a louder exhaust tone. Some people might doubt how much improved performance you get, but you can't lose anything for $30.

Topless

Corvette
1992 Convt w/hard top; 2004 Z06 Z16; 1962 327/300
Thanks BullWinkle.

I am not sure about the worth of aftermarket wires, especially at 2x the price. 8mm Delcos will probably be enough with the +4's.

I will keep my eye out on ebay [a dangerous place to loose your paycheck(s)]

Mike

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Mike,

I asked the guy at the auto store if Delco wires would be a good combo with the +4's and he said yes. I believed him and I don't regret it either.

Yes, eBay is a very dangerous place to lose your paycheck. Before you know it, you've spent too much!:D But there are deals on eBay. I bought my FlowMaster catback off of eBay for $350: 2 mufflers-stainless steel tips and a rear y-pipe. The system is brand new and never installed by the first buyer. I haven't installed the system yet, but that should be done in a week or so...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom