Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

spark plugs

minifridge1138

Corvette
1982 Black Fastback
Just wondering what the general consensus was on spark plugs.

Some people prefer platinum, some prefer traditional.

I only ask because as I was re-installing my plugs last night (i've been doing engine work) i accidentally cracked the porcelain on 1 of the plugs.

Since i'm going to buy new plugs, i thought i'd ask around and see if anyone recommended anything in particular.

Thanks for your thoughts!

NGK does make a nice plug I used to use those and Bosch in Mercedes quite a bit.

For the Vettes, I stick with Champion or Autolite. We have a 383 Stroker with MSD, and it requires a copper core plug. I suppose i could go Platinum with the other, but I don't.

I have AC Delco's

Hello im the same as you Mike Mc71, i used AC years ago , but in the last 10 to 15years have used Autolite, especially in american made cars, there plugs are superrior in quility, next time you go to a parts store take a look at one; the finish and detail and you never have problems with them,They have a good site on line aswell, NKG are great but mainly for Jap crap, jap crap is any japanese car , and i own one as well, Champion are a good plug as well especially if your car is a bit of a oil burner, they are the plug to use, ask any owner of a seventys Alfa Romeo GTV with Spica fuel injection,or a early Porsche seventys 911, Champion are the only plugs to use. and of course only useing the correct heat range regards.

Want to try something different www.pulstarplugs.com I plan on putting them in my 76 next year. A little pricey to say the least, but one of my goals is max fuel economy and a bit more power. These may help.

ID LOVE TO SEE SOME
INDEPENDENT TEST RESULTS,
BECAUSE
having the guys selling the pulstarplug plugs,

set up the test procedures,

stage and report on the test results

seems kind of a RIGGED GAME to ME!

Want to try something different www.pulstarplugs.com I plan on putting them in my 76 next year. A little pricey to say the least, but one of my goals is max fuel economy and a bit more power. These may help.

A little pricey????

Those things are $25 each!!
$200 for spark plugs.....

Very, Very cool, but for $200 there are much better ways to get power and fuel economy. Maybe when i have done everything else i can think of i'll buy a set.

A/C Delco works great for me .... :upthumbs

ID LOVE TO SEE SOME
INDEPENDENT TEST RESULTS,
BECAUSE
having the guys selling the pulstarplug plugs,

set up the test procedures,

stage and report on the test results

seems kind of a RIGGED GAME to ME!
Popular Science july 2007 has an article on them. Doesn't help much but has a little more info On the other hand here are test that were done on a corvette. .www.teamzr1.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976 I will now withdraw my suggestion. Stick with the regular plugs.

I really would like to see the dyno results on this one. Interesting though.

AC Delco R44T.

100% pure absolute hogwash, just like all the other "miracle" devices; you don't need "platinum" or "Rapidfire" or any other "whizbang" spark plugs, either. A spark is a spark - once the fire's lit, the flame front propagates all by itself. All that matters is matching the heat range to your driving style and conditions. :)

100% pure absolute hogwash, just like all the other "miracle" devices; you don't need "platinum" or "Rapidfire" or any other "whizbang" spark plugs, either. A spark is a spark - once the fire's lit, the flame front propagates all by itself. All that matters is matching the heat range to your driving style and conditions. :)

No disrespect but you might out to read up on what has actually changed in spark plugs over the years. :confused I am skeptical also of the pulstarplug plugs and their claims but their have been many advances in technology. It is possible they may have some plus side to them how much who knows. To save a large explanation you can read a unbiased report on sparkplug history here. :)

Big Debate!

Hi, for me, I have a low HP Vette and I use ACR44t, this works for me. If the cermacic insulator is longer or shorter than you have a hoter or colder plug. If your bracket racing and every thousand matters, why not try something else.
Some people grind the gap and clock the plugs and some swear by the results, so give it a shot. Pete.

:w:w:wI am really surprised that I didn't see Bosch Fusion listed up there somewhere. I don't think you can find a better spark plug. I am no expert I just put my choice in the hat for you.:argue and welcome to the :CAC Scott:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom