Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speaking of winter projects.........

Fuelie

Corvette
'65 Fuelie Coupe, '78 L48 Cpe
What is everyone planning to do to or with their cars over the coming winter?

I have started to get thinks organized in my small garage so that my wife and I can get some suspension work done to her '78. It is a very original car and is now in need of some bushings and such.

To allow this in my 19' by 18' garage I have had to move some things around. The space is limited with 2 vettes, a compressor, bead blaster cabinet, sand blaster, tool box, work bench, jack, stands, engine stand, 2 welders, 4 engine blocks, 10 heads, 1 427 short block, 3 diff pumpkins ans 6 transmissions all having to share floor space:D

I have accomplished pushing eveything under something else and was left with the trans / diff stuff and the short block between the cars. My solution was to build a rack to hold the trannys against the wall between the bolt bin and the heads. I stacked two of the diffs on top of the bolt bin and the other on top of the BB short block that is still between the cars. Now I have the space to work on the cars.

Here is a pic of the trans rack and you will notice that I made another set of brackets to hang one of my engine stands upside down on the wall.

transrack.jpg

Now it all fits;)

What is your winter project?

Well, other than finishing up the current 59 project, I have just purchased a basket-case 65 convertible, that is going to get the same treatment as the 59.
LS6 engine, 4L80E trans, Dana 44 rear, and C5 front. Of course, I will get mike at SRIII build me a chassis. His C1 frame was so great, that I will have to try one of his C2 frames!

Regards, John McGraw

Hey, I see you have a tranny for every day through the week and then maybe the Doug Nash for the weekends!
Take care
Tom

Winter Projects

I am currently adding a 20' X 28' addition to my barn/work shop and hope to have the roof on before the end of the month. Then the restoration project starts:
63_pre_rest_1.JPG

i plan on driving mine probly with the top down,aint vegas great..

jeff

You guys with back to back projects make me very tired :L

depends on the cash flow, I hope to put a set of cat-back B&Bs on the 97, its too quiet for me; and replace the bumper after hitting a Racoon at 65 mph:cry that is all I plan to do to it other then maintenance.
My wife says that before I do any more to the 76 I have to finish my 52 F1; It needs a motor/trans and some body work ;) I cant make up my mind if I want to put a 383 in it or stick with a 305. I actually drove it more with the 305 then the 383 and that was when gas was $1.00+ an gallon ;LOL

This winter I gotta get my drivers side seat boyster to work ... it is stuck in the "all the way closed" position and only skinny people like me can get behind the steering wheel to drive .... I really gotta get that fixed ... or not!!

I dunno. I don't have anything to do. ;LOL

My projects are to finish off my 62,

Then bring some type of order back to my garage area.

Then if time permits

I had purchased a rebuilt 3:36 rear center section awhile ago and I need to install that in my 66 to replace the 4:11 I have in it now. Along with the center section I have all correct date coded calipers,Rebuilt trailing arms,Correct rear spring,New half shafts.and some new/rebuilt detail items,that I need to install to finish off the undercarrige of my car.New dewit reproduction radiator,reskinned manifold,reskinned bellhousing,

I just have not had the time or the enthusiasm to get started on it.I have plans to flight this car and use every excuse I can find not to complete it so I dont have to have it flighted.

Allthough the cars is complete and driveable,these are the tiny things I need to complete the car.
If we were to go back to past winter project lists,chances are these are the same items I have posted in the past about,But I do have some excellent excuses why I did not complete them

Excuse

1-surgery fall of 2001
2-surgery fall of 2002
3-did front suspention winter of 2003
4-winter of 2004 working on project 62
5 Winter of 2005 ??????

I hope to put a set of cat-back B&Bs on the 97, its too quiet for me;

I have a set of B&B PRT'S with speed way tips on the wifes 02 and the best way to describe the sound of them at idle is they sound like a Big Block boat gurguling in the water.

At highway speeds they sound like my 66 with side exhaust.This was one of the only performance modifications I done to the car, after the cat back exhaust it pulled 313 rwhp on a chassic dyno.

I have to install the 4.11 rear end in my LT-1. also troubleshoot the brakes and fix them. Maybe install a Hurst shifter.

My '66's headlights could use some attention, and I might install the front bumpers if I decide to go that route.

I think I sold the '65 I have yesterday. If so, no more work on that one!

Dick

I forgot to mention that my 97 has been lowered and the lift arms won't fit under it, so I either have to raise it up an inch or so or buy another set of dollys to put it on the lift;LOL

I want to get the new engine finished and in my stepside. Then finish up the rest of the mechanicals and have it running next spring. Then I can bang and straighten metal and paint next summer. All of this is a precurser to getting a serious start on the '59 next fall.

Tom

I think if I finish this 63 in the next few weeks, my next project will be the couch and laying down in it with the fireplace going and dreaming of the springtime and carshows. As you guys n gals know I have been full throttle on this 63 for two years, summer, fall, winter and spring. Need to regroup.... So other then doing some occasional metal polishing and other such work, I think COUCHTIME has been well earned.

Im installing a 3 pc pace car front spoiler...having it painted to match...im going to redo all weather strips...getting the kit for the entire car....im hoping santa brings me a new chrome alternator too...and a dry cell battery swap...
(if cash flow holds out i saw some sweet ss crager wheels Tom Bryant posted....but they will be a distant dream this season.)
now where is my credit card!;LOL
Chas:w

Oh.......Nothing Much...

Just rip the body of and tare the complete frame down and rebuild the front end and add biggy yokes to the rear diff ..put in a 502 and fab an exhaust system from the headers to the Sweet Thunder straight pipes...

I gotta stay off this froum.....You guys are costing me money..!!!!

Especially...Rich Laggse.......
.. :crazy

Viet Nam Vett said:
Oh.......Nothing Much...

Just rip the body of and tare the complete frame down and rebuild the front end and add biggy yokes to the rear diff ..put in a 502 and fab an exhaust system from the headers to the Sweet Thunder straight pipes...

I gotta stay off this froum.....You guys are costing me money..!!!!

Especially...Rich Laggse......... :crazy

;LOL We're great for the economy though, aren't we? ;LOL

Aside from the finishing touches on ol' 67HEAVEN to complete this winter, I picked up my next restoration project today...........
Home-02-600.jpg

Shouldn't every Corvette garage have one? :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom