Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Special Tool for Intake Plenum Torx Bolts?

MAN..... THAT IS BEAUTIFUL........ I'm drooling.................... :) Sorry about the confusion there. I'm not used to these damn torx bolts.... all my older stuff has a good old fashion regular BOLT HEAD dang it! ha ha ha!!! Why in the world did GM start using that anyway... what was wrong with the old stuff?

MAN..... THAT IS BEAUTIFUL........ I'm drooling.................... :) Sorry about the confusion there. I'm not used to these damn torx bolts.... all my older stuff has a good old fashion regular BOLT HEAD dang it! ha ha ha!!! Why in the world did GM start using that anyway... what was wrong with the old stuff?
I always thought that they got money from the tool company's to use something new that way the tool company sells millions of new tools. :ugh

If you look close at the photo you can see the nitrous solenoids under the throttle-body. :D

chevyaddict Did you get the bolts out yet???????

No... I've been traveling. Went to California last week and then Vegas the middle of this week. Frankly I'm just not motivated. I have to go out and buy a right angle drill piece because I can't use the drill straight on due to things being in the way so that is what is stopping me now. UGGGHH

No... I've been traveling. Went to California last week and then Vegas the middle of this week. Frankly I'm just not motivated. I have to go out and buy a right angle drill piece because I can't use the drill straight on due to things being in the way so that is what is stopping me now. UGGGHH
Those things that go on a normal drill and convert it to a right angle are junk.

If you are looking for something cheap since you will seldom use it check out the Chicago 90 degree drill at Harbor Freight I bought one of them about 4 years ago on sale at about the same price as one of those adapter things.

Those things that go on a normal drill and convert it to a right angle are junk.

If you are looking for something cheap since you will seldom use it check out the Chicago 90 degree drill at Harbor Freight I bought one of them about 4 years ago on sale at about the same price as one of those adapter things.

Thanks! As a matter of fact today I'll be close to a Harbor Freight and will check that out! :upthumbs

Well, just to update everyone. The screw extractor broke off in the manifold so I cut the damn fuel rail bracket. Figure I'll reweld it back together when its off and I take the manifold down to a machine shop to get the whole thing out. What a pain in the !#%%@@#!^!!! I'm slowing but surely pulling it apart; hope to have it all back together in a week or less.

Sorry to hear the extra trouble. It will be worth it once it is done. I have been there several times.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom