Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Specific production numbers

C3Dad

Corvette
1978 Silver Anniversary
Hello all... I am wondering about specific production #'s. I found the #'s on breakdowns as far as color, interior, trans, engine, etc... What I am wanting to know is where, if at all, can I find specific breakdown as to how many interior colors were for the '78 Silver Anniversary(SA) car? I have one. it has the L-82, M-21, black leather interior, AM/FM/CB and I have the mic. 44,900 miles. Runs great and mostly original. Side pipes aren't of course, but I do have the original exhaust. The reason I am wanting to know is at the recent Mid America Vette Fest someone told me that he had a guy (yeah, one of those stories) tell him that there are only 10 or so made of the SA cars with that particular break down. I find that hard to believe, but i do see a lot of oyster and other color and not many black leather. In any case here is the VIN: 1Z8748S419247 Not sure that will help. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

I tried running your VIN in a database that I use. I could not come up with any information.

Are you positively certain about your VIN number and the amount of digits?

Welcome to the site. Sorry to be the bearer, but no stats exist as to how many cars were built with a particular combination of options. GM saw no value in keeping such records, so we're all SOL. Anybody that claims that they have hard numbers has just made them up to look clever I guess..

As LT4man says, your VIN has an error in it.

Statistics and facts

Hi may be able to help you,your vin looks ok to me,it has thirteen digets,the fifth diget 4 is proof it is a L82 220hp
the six diget year,S silver anniversary ,then 419247, your car was the 19247 no built of the total 46776 built
there was 15283 silver anniversary built, 8999 had oyster leather,5703 had silver leather,7218 had black leather
then other colours dark blue, beige, brown, red, and mahogany.Also 6502 pace cars built with there vin starting with a 900001 build no.

...how many interior colors were for the '78 Silver Anniversary(SA) car?...

All 1978 regular production interior colors could have been ordered with the B2Z optional paint. There are no available records to determine interior and exterior color combinations.

...someone told me ...there are only 10 or so made of the SA cars...

Corvette myth. Leather interior was standard. Black was a popular color. With about 15000 B2Z cars produced, you can be reasonably certain there were more than ten with black leather.

...S silver anniversary...
Wayne: S is the plant code for Saint Louis, Missouri where the cars were assembled and is included in all C3 VINs through 1980 and most of the 1981 models

Your numbers for interior colors are for total 1978 production with the exception of the silver leather. Silver leather was limited to Pace Cars.

:thumb

Welcome to CAC!!!!!
enjoy!!!

Numbers

Thankyou Mike the letter S i realized after i did that i was wrong,all those figures are from 2011 black book
and i realize colours are for total built,but i can not work out you said, silver leather was ltd to pace cars,but
there was 5703 built with silver leather,and yet there was 6502 pace cars built. And also quoted from the book
in interiors it states,----19/47 black silver--------6502 interior---Sv thankyou.

...all those figures are from 2011 black book...

I'm like you. I keep my Black Book handy. The NCRS 1968-82 Specifications Guide is also very good.
fr6158.jpg

...there was 5703 built with silver leather,and yet there was 6502 pace cars built...

Silver cloth was also available in the Pace Cars. Here's a PC with silver cloth:
PCwithcloth-1.jpg

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom