Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedo gears!

F

FordNoMore!

Hello all, just have a question,how easy is it to change the speedo gears for the gear changout, I notice that the exhaust runs along the tranny,it was a pain in the arse just to get the tranny ID number,had to use a mirror.I would imagine it is on the drivers side of the tranny,thanx

I had to replace my VSS a few years ago, and as I recall, it uses the same plastic gear that is used with a mechanical cable. I fully expect that you can simply pull down the VSS, remove a clip and change the plastic spur gear, no big deal.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Have a great day,

I was told on the 700R4 you needed to remove the tail to get at the gear inside. Also you need to replace the sending unit to match the new gear. I'm changing from a 2.59 to a 3.07 and got both. Just waiting for the time to do it.

fordnomore,
i just responded to your vms4evr post about the speedo parts.
jstkrsn,
yeah the tail housing comes off. but not a big deal with the car on a lift and the whole ass end, drive shaft and exhaust removed. it's a minor part of the job. all the time on mine was spent getting the gears aligned. the guy was really picky. he wasn't real thrilled about putting those thick gears in the Dana 36....
graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom