Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedo head

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
Hey guys, I am needing to replace my 85mph speedo head. I prefer to replace it with another 85mph but I will take what I can get. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Brad

If you are unable to find one, I have a spare one. I ended up with two as I sent one out to be changed to 140mph and it never made the trip. UPS bought me another one, but took a while, so I bought another one and got it converted. 85mph speedo in a Corvette....that's just wrong.....

If you are unable to find one, I have a spare one. I ended up with two as I sent one out to be changed to 140mph and it never made the trip. UPS bought me another one, but took a while, so I bought another one and got it converted. 85mph speedo in a Corvette....that's just wrong.....

I agree. I was on I-95 today traveling from Jacksonville to Orlando. My Speedometer was pegged at 85 mph most of the way.

I am going to change my Speedometer out. Which would be better. a 140 mph or 160 mph?

Depends upon what you like. The problem is that the needle sweep is the same. So putting more numbers in the same space can get a bit crowded looking. Accuracy is also a problem with mine. Its fine at low speeds, but is about 5 off at 75. I had it calibrated at a shop, but I might need to change speedo gears in the trans and see what happens. Good thing that is easy to do.

Several places to choose from in the re-do of the speedo. Shop around

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom