Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Speedsters, identify each.

Brangeta

All this Speedster talk lately has my head spinning. I don't have a wealth of old Corvette magazines nor the memory/knowledge of what all of the Speedsters looked like. I've seen several pictures, but I'd like to know what each looked like and which is which.

I found this great info on the COG, but can someone post a picture of each car so I can figure this out? I don't think I've ever seen half of these.
speedster%20data.jpg

So that's...
5, 3, 6, 8, II 2 (wasn't the interior changed to maroon?), 7, 2, 1, II 1?

So that's...
5, 3, 6, 8, II 2 (wasn't the interior changed to maroon?), 7, 2, 1, II 1?

I believe that is my favorite photo ever. :upthumbs

I think the numbers should be (left to right) 5, 4, 6, 8, Series 2 #2, 10, Series 2 #1, 1, 2.

The Series 2 Speedster (non-LM body) has two ducts in the front bumper, the Series 1 Speedsters have 4. Number 7 was not in the photo. It looks like the one you IDd as #7 is actually the Miller car (#10)

Did the black car (Cameron car) have an interior color change? The only black car shown has a black (?) interior. The last time I saw the Cameron car it had tan interior.

We're missing three Speedsters in that picture and the colors are funny in the pic, so I think that's why I'm confused. If I didn't know better Jon, I'd identify your car as black and red in that pic Chris posted.

I corrected the colors a little bit, so only a few questions remain...

what car is the 2nd one? # 3 or is it 4?

the black/red one is the one in the Corvette museum I believe.

Can someone post a picture of #3 and #2?

#9 is obvious, I think we all know what it looks like.
attachment.php

Missing from the famous picture is the steel blue speedster. The fourth car should be the silver one (with blue interior).

Here are pictures of the steel blue speedster (in Colombia) back some time ago when it was for sale on e-bay:
9a_1.jpg

17_1.jpg

You will notice that the steel blue color looks very similar and can be confused for silver particularly at the distance the picture was taken and the fact the it is not a high resolution picture.

Here is a picture of the silver speedster for comparison:
PICT0022.JPG

-Luigi
:cool

Thanks for the pics Luigi, I've never seen that steel blue one before.

I'm anxious to see the candy violet one. I'm really confused as to which Speedster was refered to as the magenta one. I'm assuming it is this one and not the candy red one.

Thanks for the pics Luigi, I've never seen that steel blue one before.

I'm anxious to see the candy violet one. I'm really confused as to which Speedster was refered to as the magenta one. I'm assuming it is this one and not the candy red one.

The Candy Violet one is the last one at the top :cool

Jonstr's Speedster, the South American (Steel Blue) Speedster, and the Callaway's Speedster (which wasn't finished until 2004 - pic taken in 1998) are not present :beer

Chris, do you have another picture of the Candy Violet one? It is so far away in the picture above that you can't see the interior color or anything hardly. The only other picture I've seen of it is the one where it is on the Bridgestone ad and banner, but it seems heavily color corrected.

My eyes just flew right out of their sockets. :eek

This is from the video you received eh? WHAT A VIDEO THIS MUST BE!!! :dancenaughty

If that is a capture from the video, I see what you mean (in the other thread) about the color. It does look awfully familiar...

Jon, I thought you would flip over seeing that :eek

It looks very close on the television capture - I am sure it is different, but...

Pretty cool, eh :cool

As long as we're on this topic, does anyone have any photos of #6 (Cherry Pearl w/ Chamois)? With the addition of the two photos of #2 above, #6 is the only one I have no photos of at all.

Ask, and ye shall receive!

As long as we're on this topic, does anyone have any photos of #6 (Cherry Pearl w/ Chamois)? With the addition of the two photos of #2 above, #6 is the only one I have no photos of at all.

Cherry Pearl w/ Chamois :beer

*Note: the pillowing of the chamois :eek

attachment.php

What's pillowing? Are you talking about the wrinkles on the door panel?

I'm not a very big fan of that red car. Nice car, and of course it's a Speedster, but it looks so ordinary. Red and tan don't convey the excitement I think a Speedster should have. A charcoal and red interior would liven it up. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom