Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spelling

jackfit

Corvette
66 Roadster Glen Green/Saddle
Hi,

I am not the best speller in the world and I notice that many of the posts have spelling errors, because of typos or not being able to spell. There is in most browsers a spell-check. Just go to tools in your browser and go to advanced, and you will see a box that can be checked for spelling.

When you spell a word wrong, it will appear with a red line under it. Right click with mouse and several words will appear. Pick the correct one and spelling is corrected.

It will not give you the correct usage ( to, two, too ) but at least even if you pick the wrong one it will be spelled correctly.

Jack

Jackfit- your post is a great reminder. Thanks for reminding folks about the spell check functionality. I'm going to move this thread to the feedback section where more folks will see it.

:CAC

Unfortunately, spell check doesn't catch everything- sometimes it misses contractions and some obscure words.

Remember- you can always go back and edit the content in your posts. But- if something really, really bothers you in the title of a thread that you posted- let a staff member know.

We can usually edit those for you. Just let one of us know. :thumb

Hi,

I am not the best speller in the world and I notice that many of the posts have spelling errors, because of typos or not being able to spell. There is in most browsers a spell-check. Just go to tools in your browser and go to advanced, and you will see a box that can be checked for spelling.

When you spell a word wrong, it will appear with a red line under it. Right click with mouse and several words will appear. Pick the correct one and spelling is corrected.

It will not give you the correct usage ( to, two, too ) but at least even if you pick the wrong one it will be spelled correctly.

Jack
Speell Cheak??? We do'nut need no stunking speell cheak!!:L
If you cain't undeer stained Noth Ameericain Heelbilly,you do'nut need my heelp noway!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
:D

While we are on this topic, here are some punctuation marks I had left over from a project. Please feel free to take 'em and use 'em! :boogie

.................. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !!!!!!!!!! ???????? ;;;;;;; ::::::: """"""""" '''''''''' /////

You're welcome! :D

:w

While we are on this topic, here are some punctuation marks I had left over from a project. Please feel free to take 'em and use 'em! :boogie

.................. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !!!!!!!!!! ???????? ;;;;;;; ::::::: """"""""" '''''''''' /////

You're welcome! :D

:w

My reason for the post is :

There are many bright people on the forums who may not have had the formal education that many of us have had. Poor spelling may prejudiced some people from taking them seriously. They have a wealth of hands on experience that we can benefit from. If technology can help them share their knowledge, we are all the better for it.

Jack

There are many bright people on the forums who may not have had the formal education that many of us have had. Poor spelling may prejudiced some people from taking them seriously. They have a wealth of hands on experience that we can benefit from. If technology can help them share their knowledge, we are all the better for it.

Jack

Your thread is accurate ,when we went to school we we're taught non phonics methods.It use to take me a week to post or send an intelligent email .I wore out a dictionary a month.Even my teacher wife would be frustrated with me.Then Junkie showed me spell check .It's actually help a great deal ,I'm spelling more and more words correctly .Its a great feeling :)

Jack

Although we hope everyone will take a moment to check their posts for errors, we are very informal here, Jack. We don't place a great deal of emphasis on grammar or spelling because we want everyone to realize their participation is welcome, regardless of their education level or writing skills. Afterall, even the educated make mistakes. ;)

Being able to express oneself clearly and correctly is important and your reminder concerning spellcheck will be very useful to some I'm sure. Thank you. :thumb

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom