Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Sport Seat Bladder Repair

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
My 98 turned 70k last fall and the years are requiring some repairs.

When I bought it four years ago the side bolster bladders didn't inflate but no biggie. Now one of the center lumbars stopped working. The pump runs when I move the switch so power isn't the problem. It would appear that the bladders may be ruptured.

Has anyone ever attempted to repair or replace these? Is it even possible or am I better off the find used seats that work? Is there a good compound to repair the rubber bags?

Thanks,

Eric - My Y2K hit 93 last fall, no bladder problems yet!

2cf2qzq.jpg

This stock replacement sport seat lumbar bladder is manufactured by GM
or by one of its authorized suppliers as a factory replacement part. You will
find the fit and performance meets all GM specifications. Using stock
replacement parts from Eckler's, such as this sport seat lumbar bladder,
is a sound investment in the restoration or repair of your Corvette.

Let me know how it goes for ya! :w
:lou
Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Thanks Dwayne but I already priced that and it's over $500 and I'm not ready to go there yet. I've heard of people replacing the bags with medical ringers bags but I'm looking for any other ideas I can get.

- Eric:w

Blood pressure cuff bladders, get them at wall mart dirt cheep.

Did you try the blood pressure cuffs? Did it work?

I have the same issue with the side bolsters... not a big deal but running the back roads it woudl be nice to be tight in the seat... lol

Just a thought - try a piece of firm bedding foam, shaped to fit. It would be firm yet compress to a custom shape. It's a lot cheaper than $500.
Also they look a lot like the IV bags that are used in hospitals. Is this what Eric is talking about?

Did you try the blood pressure cuffs? Did it work?

I have the same issue with the side bolsters... not a big deal but running the back roads it woudl be nice to be tight in the seat... lol
Not yet, haven't had time to pull the seats out. But I'll let you know as soon as I try it. I'll probably get around to it in a few weeks.

Just a thought - try a piece of firm bedding foam, shaped to fit. It would be firm yet compress to a custom shape. It's a lot cheaper than $500.
Also they look a lot like the IV bags that are used in hospitals. Is this what Eric is talking about?
Yep, IV/ringers, tomato/tomahto :L. I'm going to use the BP cuffs though.

- Eric:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom