Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

started out as a wide body conversion ended up total redo

ttt123

Corvette
1994 base,metallic blue with custom wide body
Well like the title says, started small and as usual its turned into more. I have two threads going. one for the rear-end upgrade I'm doing and one for the wide body I made.. seems a little selfish to have a few threads going for the same car so I'm just going to post all my updates and complete build in this thread. if you want a recap of what I've done so far(I'll post a couple pics from the two other threads in here) you can check the links otherwise stay tuned to see where this goes
rock.gif

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...nance-etc.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...or-my-car.html

with the car being pulled apart as far as it was.... I just kept going and decided to repaint(sapphire metallic blue, already had a gallon in my barn screaming for me to use it) and rebuild the motor with some tasteful upgrades. engine will get new cam, worked heads and intake(ported and bigger valves) pcm tune, long tube headers and electric water pump 3:54 gears, shift kit etc..... oh and air foil for an extra 15hp
lol.gif

i've started putting the rear end back in and working on painting the rest of the car.

sanded down some parts, started putting the axles back together, put the fuel tank back in with upgraded pump also cleaned it up and removed the rust.

I'm tired from just looking at all the work you did. Great job.

I'm tired from just looking at all the work you did. Great job.

That makes two of us lol. I have two other cars im building right now as well. Did i mention i work full time as a programmer... oh and a bouncing off the walls 4 yr old and then theres that wife thing .. They need a little of your time too lol its a good clean hobby and my barn is set up for fun for the whole family ;)

well its not much but for me its another bite out of the elephant
wink5.gif
had a couple extra minutes today while cutting grass and cleaned up and painted this thing
smile5.gif

Thanks for posting the pics. It's a fun looking project!

Mac

I have to s more but i dont want to over post. I have a photo album for every car ive done :) mostly camaros but this vette has been a blast. I cant wait to finish it and drive again.

OK so if you spray your rocker panels with an air nozzle and all the paint blows off... your paint job needed to be redone :rotfl it did look like a nice paint job when i bought the vette but they obviously didn't take the time to sand and pre-wash before they painted this corvette. i fix and make good :thumb

question on bushings... please help. which bushing sleeves do i use, why do i have two sets etc. i'm a little stumped as to why i have four sets of bushings for this as well... ya i'm probably missing something obvious :doh:

so ya these bushings are not fun. took me a bit to knock out those sleeves.

hey guys i could really use some help on the previous post regarding the bushings. I'm lost it just doesn't seem right.

i did some painting today. i took a part into the sunlight so you guys could see the color it is.

finaly figured it out... i'm an idiot. i went and dug out the old sleeves and they worked fine. not sure what all the other poly bushing are for that came with the kit now. anyway, put the rear back together and it is in the car :woohoo: i like the silver against the black paint on the underbody :thumbs:

That does look sharp! :upthumbs

Have you considered using spray-on sound & heat shield underneath? I remember reading product reviews a couple of years ago about a product that got sprayed on the underbody.

Mac

That does look sharp! :upthumbs

Have you considered using spray-on sound & heat shield underneath? I remember reading product reviews a couple of years ago about a product that got sprayed on the underbody.

Mac

Good idea but i didnt think it was to loud inside the car. I used an enamel spray on tractor paint(used it on a lot of car) underneath and it adheres very well and give it a clean look.. It will work for now :)

well its a boring couple of pics but its progress ;) put the leaf and sway bar back on. tomorrow hopefully I'll get the rest of the rear asm back together and get back to pulling the motor.

had a few minutes tonight. really not happy with this paint. i can make it look better with my wet sanding but much more work then usual... this paint just wont relax, unless its just time for a new gun?? anyway, getting closer.

Amen to that. Every sports car should have a fat butt ;)

Paint looks like it was done at the factory.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom