Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

started out as a wide body conversion ended up total redo

The "R" designation means it's pretty soft, like a street/track tire. Lots of fun but poor tread wear???

Aw i did not know that. Thanks for the tip. I would much rather have a harder tire since this is not a car im worried about my 1/4 mile times with. Thanks

my cam kit came :) oh the joy of go fast parts

was able to get a little time out there tonight. rods and pistons back in the block and put on the caliper thingy thing. it was a little cold and i didnt feel like starting a fire so i just came in early.

Quick question.. who would you recommend sending my pcm out to for the mods I've made?

Thanks

anyone know where i can get a water pump drive shaft. machine shop lost mine :(

so I started taking apart the front end today after I did some work on the motor. Went really well and coming apart nicely. this should go quicker then the rear.

ok now for some fun pics :D so the rims are 10.5 wide (might have them widened). as it sits right now with out any spacer i have 3/4 from inner lip to sway bar and 1" from outer lip to fender. so i could have these rims widened 1" getting me to 11.5. how big of a tire could i fit on 10.5 if i didnt get them widened? anyone have an opinion on this.

got a little work done in the barn today. planning on going back out tomorrow for a bit.

Thanks for the update. I get tired just looking at the pictures of your project. Good job.

Thanks for the update. I get tired just looking at the pictures of your project. Good job.

thank you sir. i'm getting closer :thumb this could be going a lot faster if i had a little more drive lol with a little guy who deserves attention and redoing our house ... time is tight. but i'm getting there.

thanks
brian

Hey guys. hoping to get the motor done over Christmas vacation and hopefully trans as well and mated. can someone suggest a torque converter.

I'll be honest i know nothing about trans/converter etc. every time i try to understand it someone says "lock up or non lock up and don't forget about the cahootin valve" i don't know what that mean... i don't want to lol i just want to put a converter back in just like the factory one i pulled out but matched for my build. i don't want to "hook up a toggle switch for your lockup" :1zhelp: i would like to order this converter tomorrow so i can have it in time to do it while on vacation so input is appreciated.

OK so here is my build for those who don't want to read through the entire thread.

cam kit i bought - Chevrolet Performance Parts LT1 LT4 5 7 350 Hot Cam Kit 12480002 GM | eBay

obx long tub headers, resonator delete with factory mufflers.
electric water pump.
ported (intake/exhaust) heads
ported intake
shift kit
3:54 rear gears
18" rims with 1
315/35/18 wheels
pcm tune
oh.. oh.. oh.. and ........ air foil... yup i made the jump :Irule:

so i was able to get a lot of stuff cleaned up today. tomorrow i plan on starting the back together process for the engine bay. i have 12 days off from work so i plan on getting tons done so stay tuned for pics probably every evening :)

on another note. I've have received enough private emails for panels of my flares that I'm going to go ahead and make the molds this week.

I have ordered my tires for the rear so i can show some pics of it with rubber under there. the tires will be 305/35/18's on 10.5" rims. i will post up those pics as soon as the tires get here and i get them mounted.

If you are interested in a set of flares send me a private message and i will reply with my paypal email. cost will be $250 plus shipping. I'm going to guesstimate about 2 weeks lead time unless i get tons of orders... I'd be surprised lol not really doing this to get rich more to just share with the community. i will probably only do this once for a short window ... I'm just to busy to make it a permanent thing, hope you understand

thanks

I wish I had energy like yours!! Well done!!

Mac

I wish I had energy like yours!! Well done!!

Mac

Thanks. Its fun time well spent. My 4 yr old is with me anytime im in the barn so it serves a dual purpose ;)

Thanks. Its fun time well spent. My 4 yr old is with me anytime im in the barn so it serves a dual purpose ;)
When my son was around that age... actually my daughter too... they both wanted to help with everything. The best of times.

Mac

When my son was around that age... actually my daughter too... they both wanted to help with everything. The best of times.

Mac

Wouldnt trade it for anything :)

well putting this together sure is harder then pulling it apart. had a hard time getting things lined back up. anyway that's what i was able to do today.

:happyanim::thumb:cool!::D oh man those look sweet!!!!!!! i love when Santa dresses like the fed ex guy ;) so i will get them mounted Monday and some pics mounted on the car. .... its not weird to get aroused when you get tires in the mail is it????

if your one of the ones interested in buying a set of flares.. read the whole post.

so i had my rear tires mounted today.. found out one of my rear rims is out of balance and i have to return it... not cool. i wont mention the name of the company i purchased these rims from until after its resolved. so far it looks like they are going to take care of it. so no big deal other then the headache.

so tried to mount the wheel on the car and the spacer i bought is really tight getting over the center(see pic) i have never used wheel spacers before. is this normal? do i need to force it on, tighten the bolts till it sucks up. this was a "bug centric" spacer.

ok so as for the stance of this flare. i have a 3/4 inch spacer in there and it has about an 1/8 to 3/16 to go before its seated. so looking at the rear of the tire in the pic you can see i have about 1 7/8 left of clearance... i should have taken the advice earlier in the thread and went with 315's instead 305 :( i have plenty of room. so thats it... personally, i love it!!!! i think it looks like it should and mean as can be.

started working on my heads today. only did the intake and exhaust for one head today. hopefully tomorrow i can get the bowls blended and the so on.

so both heads are done. nothing to crazy just basically knocked off all the rough stuff and matched it all up. did a little chamber work.

one thing i noticed is from head to head one needed a lot... i mean a lot more material taken out then the other. i hope that makes a big difference in performance. seems like one head was really restricted and hindering performance.

cant wait to see how this car runs when its all back together.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom