Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

started out as a wide body conversion ended up total redo

motor and trans is in.

Everything looks so clean... :thumb

Mac

Congrats Gramps. :D:thumb

It's looking good (the car!)

:w
Stefan

Thanks guys. Ive got so much going on right now but im really hoping to have it all done within a month.

does anyone know where i can find the fitting that the oil and fuel sensor screw into on the back of the intake? i can not find this anywhere :(

for the price.... little disappointed at how hard the fitment was. had to grind a bit as well but, they are in and look pretty good. getting pretty close to having it back down on its wheels.

What brand are the headers?

What brand are the headers?

"OBX racing" i had to slot the holes and even grind one of the heads on one bolts. Frustrates me since i ported the exhaust side to the gaskets/headers and now there not going to line up as well. Grrr

been a little bit since i've updated. i've just been doing a lot of little things here and there on the car. the car should be back down on wheels tomorrow. still lots to do but i want to move it down to the garage to make room for the other two project cars.

quick question. in the pic i have a pig tail from the new connector to the throttle body and the connector to the original one on the vette. does anyone know which colors go to which? any help would be greatly

so i had the tires mounted yesterday as well.... i like them ;)

so this is how 305/35/18's look with my flares ;) I love it, I have about 1/8 over hang of the flare.

this thing is just about done :) woohoo!!!! put on new starter, bleed the brakes and put on the new weather stripping. well i have to buff the clear but thats it.

hey guys, so i started the car today... wow did it rumble... BUT, headers are glowing red. I've been searching online and from what i'm reading it is timing retarded. how do i fix this? could it be something else? i have a mail order tune from pcm for less and lt1 motor... please help !!!!

I'm a C3 kinda guy and adjusting the timing is a matter of turning the distributor. Not sure about vehicles with electronic engine controls.

Mac

Ya me too :( this is my first lt1 ive tinkered with.

Timing is adjusted the same way if I remember correctly. But there is a wire to disconnect on the distributor while doing so.

from old school experience , sounds like cam is retarded.Maybe even exhaust valves to tight.

Timing is adjusted the same way if I remember correctly. But there is a wire to disconnect on the distributor while doing so.

Lt1 uses the opti spark.

well i hope this post isn't redundant, I'm just excited to finaly be to this point. I figured some might want to see it all put back together.

It still needs to be buffed but for the most part its together. My next post will be in about two weeks and that will be after the buffing has been done, the brake lines replaced(popped one today while bleeding them), the alignment done and ..... and...!!!! and... the dyno video and dyno sheet pic
sm_party.gif
thumbsup.gif

scheduled to be on the dyno next friday. I'll be happy if I can get 350hp to the wheels. Just my opinion, but I think 350hp to the wheels is a respectable ride
thumbsup.gif
sometime this summer I will post a vid of it at lapeer drag way seeing what it can do in the quarter mile... low 12's would make me smile big lol

I love the smoked vynals on the lights
biggrin.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom