Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

started out as a wide body conversion ended up total redo

I think you'll dump more fuel across the OEM fuel map with larger injectors... will it line up in terms of what you need at a given KPA & RPM relative to what your cam and heads need where it is different from the LT1 profile?

Maybe... and maybe not.

An LT1 runs between 41-47psi of pressure from what I have read. If you are running 24lb OE-ish injectors, then you should be able to support 361hp @ 85% duty cycle on the injectors. I'm using Dynamic EFI's Base Pulse Constant (BPC) Utility to come up with this. It calculates supported HP if you supply fuel pressure, injector size, and the number of injectors.

With the LT4 Hot Cam (I think that was what you posted a P/N for in this thread)... many folks seem to run between 380 (not tuned) and 410-ish (tuned) HP from what I have read (ref. other boards such as LS1/LT1).

So, I think you would likely need more injector- or more fuel pressure.

28lb injectors would be fine at 47psi to feed approximately 440hp (per EBL BPC Utility). 24lb injectors would need 60psi to feed 426 (per EBL BPC Utility).

I can hear xfirez51 in my head saying this after my cam and intake swap changes...

But yeah.. you know that you'll need a custom tune to really get it all to work the way you want it to work together.

Hope the calculations above help ya' out in terms of deciding what you want to do next.

Kane, awesome post. Thank you very much. Im not a guru on fuel injection but i read something simular to what you said. Im a second gues it kinda guy so hearing someone else say it is confirmation for me lol.

I do plan on getting a good tune so a little better then stock injectors will happen. I want as much as i can get out of my set up.

Thanks

so i bought a 52mm throttle body today :rock: should be here in a few days.

I had a couple minutes out side today so I put the rails and injectors together and put them on the intake... looks great :D

Agreed... It looks excellent!!

Mac

The painted rails look really nice!! :thumb

Many moons ago... I had contemplated machining an LT1 intake to fit GEN I heads. Yeah, I would have needed a small distributor and a remote thermostat housing, but for $100 a la salvage yard, it was a lot more reasonable than a TPIS Mini-Ram.

Anyway... looking great! I can't wait to see it when you get it all back together!

Agreed... It looks excellent!!

Mac

The painted rails look really nice!! :thumb

Many moons ago... I had contemplated machining an LT1 intake to fit GEN I heads. Yeah, I would have needed a small distributor and a remote thermostat housing, but for $100 a la salvage yard, it was a lot more reasonable than a TPIS Mini-Ram.

Anyway... looking great! I can't wait to see it when you get it all back together!

thanks guys. its huge motivation to get comments on these threads ;)

thanks guys. its huge motivation to get comments on these threads ;)
Watching your progress on the project is inspiring. It's been a few years since I've taken on a project. Perhaps once my finances stabilize (divorce sux)...

Mac

Watching your progress on the project is inspiring. It's been a few years since I've taken on a project. Perhaps once my finances stabilize (divorce sux)...

Mac

No better time to take up a project then when life is throwing you curve balls ;) luckily working on cars is a hobby my wife doesnt mind. Keeps me home and keeps me honest lol

well I'm laid up for about a week after having some man parts medical attention ... ouch.

so I'm bored and was wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at what kind of hp and 1/4 miles times i could achieve with this build? I'll list the mods. Like I said ... I'm bored lolol

fresh/stock bottom end
electric water pump
52mm holley throttle body & air foil ;)
lt4 cam kit/1.6 roller rockers
ported runners, bowels and chambers heads
gasket matched intake
320 lph fuel pump with adjustable fpr
rebuilt 4l60e with b&m shift kit
2500-2800 stall converter
d36 with 3:54 gears
pcm tune
obx long tube header
resonator/cat delete true dual with X pipe
305/35/18
full poly bushings all around and kyb shocks

Last edited:
well I'm laid up for about a week after having some man parts medical attention ... ouch.

so I'm bored and was wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at what kind of hp and 1/4 miles times i could achieve with this build? I'll list the mods. Like I said ... I'm bored lolol

Can't help you with the 1/4 mile times.

I would guess... and that is a WAG at best... if you can get traction... your 0-60 could be between 3.9 (akin to the 2003 Z06) and 5.2 (worst case scenario using the LT4 Grand Sport numbers).

Lots of variables here. ;squint:

Variable that include what rpm you're making your max torque... and for how long/flat your curve is... and when you shift out of gear. Same goes for HP.

You should have a stout engine going for you with the Hot Cam. :thumb

You also have the 3.06:1 first gear of the 4L60-E tied to a 3.54 rear end going for you. The first gear alone should be incredible on the launch.

Those wide meats will help- not sure how much- but they should help.

I'm thinking you'll be closer to a C5 ZO6 in terms of acceleration if you can get to around 380hp. But that's a WAG.

Can't wait to see what it dynos!

great post kane, thanks a ton.

brian

new parts in
sm_party.gif

moldings, window sweeps and 52mm holley throttle body.

Christmas in February!!

Mac

does anyone know what sensor(pointing to it in pic) i need to use for the holley throttle body? the sensor that was on the factory throttle body doesnt fit unless i'm missing a part for the holly.. i bought it used off ebay so not sure.

been slowly putting it back together. motor is closer to the car so that's progress in my book :L

You are looking for a Throttle Position Sensor to go there.

:thumb

That sensor has three wires going in it, two screw positions (one top and one bottom), and then a tang that moves with the one in the picture.

The orientation of the screws would be for a TPI era sensor. Like for a 1989 TPI.

got home today to a treat in the mail box... larger maf housing
thumbsup.gif
also attached a pic of the radiator that came in a couple days ago. new parts are the best part of builds lol

well round two with a set of rims. i hope these ones aren't messed up like the last set, that was a hefty $ hit :(

Hey corvette community, guess who is a new first time grand pa
thumbsup.gif
I'm a little young(38) but that's ok lol now i just have to get my daughter to take off the green and white and dress the little one in blue and gold
sm_party.gif

so I went out in the barn today and sand blasted and painted my front brakes.

also getting my trans back tomorrow after work. super happy about that since that has been holding me up on quite a few things. should hold up to anything i throw at it with this build. trans shop that did it was quite impressive.

oh and my pcm came back from "pcm for less".... hope it works well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom