Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

started out as a wide body conversion ended up total redo

Paint looks like it was done at the factory.

Thanks... Im shaking my head at it with dissapointment lol check back in a few days, after i clean it up, sand it and clear it ;) then it will be nice

so please tell me i'm not the only guy who no matter how slow you go, how careful you are and how hard you try you still spill trans fluid all over the floor when you take it off :mad man that got me steamed. i've pulled a lot of motors in my day and it never fails grrr. anyway

so i sold my 3.4l turbo fiero project this weekend(getting picked up next weekend) so i spent the evening cleaning up the barn and moving things around to get it out.

now that i've sold that project i can start my kit car project. this is a one off car... no other in the world :thumb tube chassis, ls turbo motor porsche trans-axle, weighs about 2100lbs... ya its going to be fast ;) this will be my fill time while working on the corvette till spring.

so this is how much i was able to pull today in between the moving things around. to be honest when i spilled the trans fluid... i got ticked and called it a day lol i pride myself on a clean floor in my barn and that spill really .... really sucked.

If no one spilled trans fluid, there would be no need for the "Oil-Dri" industry.

Are you trying to shrink our economy all by yourself?

I love the look of the floor after cleaning up with the "Oil-Dri"!

:w

If no one spilled trans fluid, there would be no need for the "Oil-Dri" industry.

Are you trying to shrink our economy all by yourself?

I love the look of the floor after cleaning up with the "Oil-Dri"!

:w

Nope im trying to help the economy.... Just spilled radiator fluid everywhere as well... Yup im about 2 seconds away from taking my hammer to this vette ;) yup im a helper lol

well today the motor came out... this was the least fun motor i've pulled in a long time. wow are these motors packed in there.

made a crazy mess on my barn floor :crybaby:

also moved the car over for its parking spot for the winter while i work on everything.

question... so what kind of paint are you guys using to paint this plastic piece.

Hey guys, haven't done all that much lately. Selling the fiero project has me rearranging the barn for winter and making room to start my kit car. I did take a few moments today to wet sand and clear coat my hood and paint rotors. In a couple weeks i should be back on it quite heavy.

well been busy getting ready for winter lately so haven't been doing much. I did have a few extra minutes today so I started pulling the motor apart. I'm still undecided as to how/what I want to do to this motor... 383, cc503 and top end goodies, turbo bla bla bla lol i just don't know yet.

thanks, me to :thumb

done taking the motor apart and will be taking it up to the machine shop within the next week or so. started cleaning up some of the motor parts and repainting them as well. going to start porting the heads and intake asap.

new toys !!!!

so these were in my garage today when i came home... Santa drive a brown truck... weird that it says ups on it though

spending a little time in the barn tonight trying to hurry and get everything cleaned up before i get my block back from the machine shop. best investment you can make to your car tool... sand blaster and parts washer ;) makes this stuff soooo much easier. i think I'm going to wet sand the valve covers and add a couple more layers of paint.. see how smooth and shiny i can get them.

would love any input to the exhaust side of the heads in regards to porting them. when the headers are circle and heads "D" ports. is this an issue?
thanks

this build just got fun for me :) that motor looks so clean and ready for go fast parts lol the machine shop did an amazing job. Ross automotive in lapeer michigan.

also wet sanded those valve covers and put on a few more layers of paint.. come out pretty decent. blasted and painted one of the brackets as well. things are moving along nicely so far.

Anybody have an opinion on this cam kit. Im planning on ordering tonight unless i get some advice that points me another direction. The price is ok and the gains seem decent for a street car.

I raced A LOT during the C4 years, both road and drags. At the time Comp Cams really dominated the market, at least east of the mountains. There was simply no grinder that could touch them, all the way from "cheater" cams to all-out race grinds. I used them a lot, and would do it again. You will hear a different story from west coast guys who think hot road performance starts and stops at the California border, but I'm good with my experience with CC.

Thank you for the input

quite a few pics tonight for ya. I had a pretty good evening in the barn tonight. earlier in the thread you might remember me complaining about the paint coming out a little clumpy... well i bought a new paint gun and wow night and day. so apparently it was just time to trash the old gun. also have been having a bunch of parts come in the mail as well :rock: my cam kit will be here Tuesday then i can start putting the motor back together.... well the bottom end anyway. i have to port the top end still but that wont take to long.

so today was fun... laid on my back and gave my neck a work out cleaning the underside of the vette. came out pretty clean and looks a lot better. next will be the engine bay:ack: not looking forward to that one since when i pulled out the motor the a/c hose popped and covered EVERYTHING in Freon.

my cam kit should be here tomorrow.. oh the anticipation is killing me lol i cant wait to see that kit ... kid in a candy store.

also does anyone have an opinion on these tires? little thinner then i wanted to go but i'm thinking i'll widen my rims next summer. these should still look pretty good.
Mickey Thompson Et Street Radial II Tire 315 30 18 blackwall 3784R Set of 2 | eBay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom