Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

started out as a wide body conversion ended up total redo

Looks great! Are you going to wet sand it, or compound it - or both?

Looks great! Are you going to wet sand it, or compound it - or both?

Not sure.. Im hoping to find someone local to do it for me. I fear burning through with the buffer lol

off to the alignment shop.. finally got that done. now I'm trying to figure out datamaster and why my headers are glowing.

well i stopped pouting about having to fix the cam and finally pulled the motor.

so a question, i purchased the lt1/lt4 hot cam kit off ebay. since I'm redoing the cam... would anyone recommend a better cam? perhaps a cc503 or ???

just a thought before i do it

hey guys i know i hate it when i do a search on a motor issue and i find a thread that ends with out the fix/result so just wanted to update for anyone who might have this common problem with the lt1.

lt1 that hesitated, bogged and cut out at 4k rpms. i changed the opti, maf, map, ecm, coil. still did it. changed out the injectors... fixed. had a sticky injector. i was getting code 16 which might have been an issue in there somewhere but the jail in the coffin for the fix ended up being the injector.

I saw you had an issue with glowing headers.. was that a timing thing, the cam or something else ?

I saw you had an issue with glowing headers.. was that a timing thing, the cam or something else ?

the headers i actually fixed a while ago. forgive me if i butcher this but the "maf tables" were all tuned out of whack.

long story short, had a guy from lt1/ls1 forum look at my tune and he said my maf tables were all wrong. he adjusted my bin file and i loaded it up and the headers stopped getting hot. that was not cool since i paid pcmforless to do the tune and do it right :mad

brian

I think I would be ranting on pcmforless untill their ears were ringing and they gave you a partial refund. Would be interesting to know what actually caused the headers to get that hot.Usually late timing of cam or ignition can cause this, MAF table makes me think maybe fuel.Your engine set up the way it is must sound like an animal.:cool!:Has been interesting following your progress, thanks for taking the time to post it all.

I think I would be ranting on pcmforless untill their ears were ringing and they gave you a partial refund. Would be interesting to know what actually caused the headers to get that hot.Usually late timing of cam or ignition can cause this, MAF table makes me think maybe fuel.Your engine set up the way it is must sound like an animal.:cool!:Has been interesting following your progress, thanks for taking the time to post it all.

Video - YouTube

Im over it lol. So this is how its running as of right now. I still think it needs a little bit more tuning but for now it flies.

That cut out at high roms did happen a couple time but nothing like it was. I have a generic 360lph fuel pump in there but i think im going to switch to walbro and see if that finally solves.

As for now ... Its drivable :) life is good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom