Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steering shaft problems...

Barry,

I took a close look at my intermediate shaft this morning, and yes, there is a rubber 'sleeve' in the foward end of this shaft where it slides over the thin portion of the shaft.
If this rubber is worn, I guess that could result in the poor steering response and 'loosness' at speed?

John

Now, I'm not sure if anyone else said it but, Gmjunkie, don't the bags inflate via a small explosive like charge? They even leave a hint of smoke in the air. I had a few people who thought their car was on fire after collision/airbag deployment. None of this type of thing is funny, but an attractive girl with lots of make-up was in an accident, not a bad one, the bags deployed, I looked in the car and on the drivers bag was a perfect set of lips (stain), it looked like a machine printed them......................Proof that bags work..........Just thought I'd throw that in.........

I finally had a chance to drive the car today. Wow, what a difference! All the play in the steering is gone. I expected to have a lot more vibration being passed on up to the steering wheel, but I really don’t find that happening. All in all, I’m very happy with the rag joint eliminator!

Detailed directions on how to replace intermidate steering shaft anyone? Much appreciated. Thanks!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom