Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Still hot with trans cooler

D95

Corvette
1995 black convertible
I installed the B&M super cooler.It was installed in front of the a/c condensor at an angle (it does not touch the condensor) It has great air flow. My vette is a stock 95 LT1 with a dewitts radiator. The cooler was installed going thru the rad cooler first then thru the B&M cooler. The cooler was installed using rigid metal lines. While driving on the highway at 55-65 mph,for 25 miles the trans temp was at 215. The water temp was 198 and the outside temp was 65 degrees. Should I get a larger cooler or should I run the cooler so that it does not go into the radiator cooler? Living in NY (winters) I dont want to make it too cool (but I doubt that that will happen with this car) I can really use some help
thank you

B&M 70273 - Transmission SuperCooler

How did you verify that ATF flow is from the radiator TFC to the aux. cooler and then back to the trans?

Also, what about the duty cycle of this car requires an aux. ATF cooler?

did you check fan clutch if its just a little loose will cause that also mine runs @around 240 250 in the summer and now that its cooler here in az its running better but i need new motor #7 valve shot

How did you verify that ATF flow is from the radiator TFC to the aux. cooler and then back to the trans?

Also, what about the duty cycle of this car requires an aux. ATF cooler?

The shop said that is the way they installed with the flow after the rad. cooler but I will reconfirm with them. If it was reversed would it make a difference with the temp?
thanks for your input

Cooler may be too small

:)
I installed that particular cooler in my son's 97 Subaru GT. It does a pretty fair job on a 2.5L 4 cylinder. I don't think it has enough capacity for your car. Get the one that is 11 x 11 x 1.5" I also wouldn't install it at an angle. The radiator may have been designed for it, but the trans cooler is of universal design and I think it works best in the verticle. P.S. I don't believe overcooling an automatic is even possible. There are no combustion by products in your trans to worry about. Let it fart ice cubes!
Dino

did you check fan clutch if its just a little loose will cause that also mine runs @around 240 250 in the summer and now that its cooler here in az its running better but i need new motor #7 valve shot

The C4 has electric fans- they are not clutch fans like your 79 has

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom