Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stingray???

Steveo1955

Corvette
1978-Silver Anniversary Model
Can someone help me out with the STINGRAY Name? What is considered A Stingray,...what what isn't? Thanks fellows!

My limited knowledge of the "Stingray" name tag is that it was last used on the 1976 MY. So the last offical "Stingray" was the 76 but it is a name that is associated with the corvette and lots of folks call all corevettes "Stingrays" even thought not all were offically tag as "Stingrays". Hope this helps.

Who cares???? If you have a C2 or C3 Corvette regardless of year. if you want to call it a Stingray, a shark, or a Corvette feel free to do so. It is what it is no matter what you or anyone else decides to call it.

Most people outside the Corvette hobby do not know the difference and think all Corvettes are Stingrays. Most people in the Corvette hobby do not really care as the cars are so similar that there is no real difference other than the badge that the general put on them.

Uh-oh. Here we go again.

The Sting Ray badge started in 1963-67 Corvettes; dropped in 1968 and then re-emerged as one word, "Stingray" for 1969 through 1976 (I think?). However, it is true that many folks refer to all C3 Corvettes as Stingrays, so who cares?

Can someone help me out with the STINGRAY Name? What is considered A Stingray,...what what isn't? Thanks fellows!

You have a "shark".

:L

"Shark" is the street name for a 68-82s. Stems from the Mako design traits that the C3 models shared.

Uh-oh. Here we go again.

The Sting Ray badge started in 1963-67 Corvettes; dropped in 1968 and then re-emerged as one word, "Stingray" for 1969 through 1976 (I think?). However, it is true that many folks refer to all C3 Corvettes as Stingrays, so who cares?
sounds like you also saw the last stingray on tv

You need to read all of those.. ;LOL

Essentially, what Fine69 said.. ;)

;)

:w
-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom