Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

stock LT1 dyno results (hint: GM underrated it)

tpivette89

Corvette
LT4 coupe
took a trip to Xotic Motorsports today for some dyno runs in my bone stock 93' LT1 6speed 40th anniversary Corvette. made 2 pulls, the best of which was 266rwhp/306rwtq. dividing by .85 for losses through a manual trans and that gives me outputs of 312hp/360ftlbs! thats 12hp and 25ftlbs over the factory rating! not too bad for 100% factory stock car!

i still think my results could have been better... my plug wires are still original (11 years old), and ive been getting an ESC code which most people say can be cured by replacing the knock sensors. im swapping out these items for new peices and heading back down to the dyno, i think i can do a tiny bit better

BTW- i did run my car at the track last night. best pass was a 13.63 at 104.84mph with a 2.17 60ft. i just cant seem to get the right amount of throttle application and clutch slippage for the perfect launch. it either bogs or the tires go up in smoke!

the standard replacement AC Delco platinums

what are the minor boltons for you L98?

I'm going to get one soon and I'm trying to get a feel for what mods I should do 1st.

I would also like to know what kind of bolt on's you have for that L98. I am curious as to what my car runs. I have not taken it to a track but this year i am going to.

Thanks

heres what i did to the 89' to run the 13.1s

FREE MODS:
- cut filter lid
- removed EGR walls from plenum
- bumped timing to 9* BTDC
- removed water pump "frisbee"
- adjusted TPS to .60 volts at idle
- gutted cat converter
BOUGHT MODS:
- K&N drop in filter
- Hypertech airfoil
- Holley AFPR (set to 48psi)
- upgraded ESC module
- Exotic Muscle front ypipe (precat eliminating)
- Borla 2.5" rear ypipe
- 2.5" straight pipes (custom muffler elims)
- S10 2500 stall converter
- BFGoodrich drag radials

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom