Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Subwoofer in the back of C3

Art Jett, have any pics? I think I see what you are talking about. Those 3 holes are the holes that hold up the carpet....right ?? THANKS

I'll have to take a couple and see if I can post or else Eimail me w/your E-mail address and I'll shoot you a message with pics. Might be easier. My E-mail address is ajett@netzero.com at home and ajett@coiltubingservices.com at work. I'll be at work tomorrow.

picture.php

This was before I finished the interior so there is still some trim missing.

Thanks Art, looks real good and gave me some great idea. Thanks for your time and trouble......:beer Now I will have to do some measuring on my 74 and start building....
steve....:D

If your car has anything that can rattle, the sub will find it. I had to stuff insulation behind the boxes for the 8" and also pack some between the sub box and the rear deck.

I hadn't thought of it before now, but I've used Aura Bass Shakers in other applications and they are really nice! Cheap too! And best thing is that they take up almost no space at all! (Don't get the plastic case ones. Spend a couple bucks more and get the metal cased ones.)

Interesting you bring up bass shakers. Have you ever known anybody to put these in their vette? Where to install, under the seat or in the seats I imagine.

Might be interesting to start a new thread on bass shakers... :cool

Anyway this is all new to me. Anybody have more info and a good link and prices? THANKS for more ideas....

Interesting you bring up bass shakers. Have you ever known anybody to put these in their vette? Where to install, under the seat or in the seats I imagine.

Might be interesting to start a new thread on bass shakers... :cool

Anyway this is all new to me. Anybody have more info and a good link and prices? THANKS for more ideas....
I've installed them in a truck and in people's house. All you really need is a flat board or very narrow box to attach them to. I'm not sure if there's room to mount them under the vette's seat, but it could be interesting. I wonder if there's room under the parking brake console or somewhere in that area. Or maybe on the tub wall begind the seat.
Hmmm.... *scratching my chin*

Parts Express still carries them. The PRO version is the higher powered versions with the metal casing. You can also usually find 'em on ebay.

Thanks for the links. I bid on a pair on ebay. Just for grins..:chuckle
If not, will try thru PartsExpress. Have you ordered them thru PExpress? How were they?
What about behind the seat? Also there would be room in front of the battery and in the jack compartment.
May not be good for the battery shaking around??
Or like you said, may be room in the armrest.

Anybody out there thats installed these shakers:eek:hnoes in your C3? THANKS...

If not, will try thru PartsExpress. Have you ordered them thru PExpress? How were they?
What about behind the seat? Also there would be room in front of the battery and in the jack compartment.
May not be good for the battery shaking around??
Or like you said, may be room in the armrest.
Yes, when I was doing custom car stereo, club audio, and home audio, I ordered tons of stuff through them. Very reliable, good prices, and excellent tech support, especially in their forums.

I was thinking of mounting them on the wall behind the seat, where the carpet folds over (opposite side of the battery wall). I personally wouldn't want to mount anything else in the battery compartment. And as far as putting it in any of the other compartments, since they aren't really attached to the fiberglass body, you'd probably just end up shaking the plastic tub which would sound just like an annoying buzzing sound. You'd want something with a little more surface area to resonate. That's why I suggested affixing it directly to the tub behind the seat. Or affix it to the back deck area. Or affix a board across the back plane (kinda like how EMTMike has above) and put the bass shakers behind the board so they are out of site, but still resonates the sound forward. That's probably what I'd try first.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom