Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sun Visors Up or Down

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Hey you convertible owners. When you have the top down do you keep the sun visors up or down?
Remo:cool

2728683220103361744S600x600Q85.jpg

Up always!!!

Elaine

Can't tell ya,I don't go topless!!
:D

Now I'm Worried

So everyone puts the visors up.....very interesting. I turn them down and tucked them tight up under the windshield. I've always thought the lower profile has a cleaner look.

Other polls I have seen show the number being 50/50. For my targa I do tucked under. Looks way cleaner in my opinion.

So everyone puts the visors up.....very interesting. I turn them down and tucked them tight up under the windshield. I've always thought the lower profile has a cleaner look.

Doesn't that obstruct your view? I am going to give it a try and see if I like it.

Tried both ways and prefer UP.

:upthumbs:upthumbs

My wife always drives her car (the civilian one) with the visors down. When I drive it, the first thing I do is put them up. In the Vette, it's already hard enough for me to see the red light at an intersection when the visors are up (I'm 6'2"), so putting them down only makes it worse. The only exceptions are if I'm driving into the sun or, if the top is up, I will even swing them to the side to keep the sun from hitting me in the eye.

Same here Remo for the same reason. I'm going to have to try them up now. I would've today, but it's snowing right now. He's tucked away in the garage. :eyerole

Another guy that likes them down.:thumb

fun03s.jpg

up...to help deflect the bugs and wind my my face and remaining hair. in the old car... we sit up higher so it doesnt matter...windblown ...I'm old anyway so i dont have to profile for the look thing...I know the cars cool no matter which way they are...:boogie:boogie:boogie

Humm I never gave this much thought. I never move them with the top up or down.

Another guy that likes them down.:thumb

fun03s.jpg
Actually, Remo, I've had them in this position for the year that I've owned this car, not realizing that the visors would actually flip all the way around (some cars don't allow the "flip"). After reading this thread I tried putting them up for the weekend and I like'em better that way. They'll stay tucked in as long as I don't actually need them for their intended purpose. :thumb

I also noticed that keeping them tucked means you don't have to move them down a little every time you want to reach the latches, then move them back up again. They might even stay just a tad cleaner, too, in the tucked position.

"I like those visors down and tucked under".:thumb

2008-08-30014.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom