Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sun Visors Up or Down

Always tucked down Remo. They look retarded up with the top down. I laugh everytime I see them up, haha.

I had stated I like mine up...but after reading these replies I am wondering what now UP and Down mean. To me UP means in the normal position when your not using them to block the sun. Down means block the sun...? So...I run with them UP. I love that picture of the little one on the vette. :)

Another Example

dknight...here's an example of one with the visors turned down and tucked in tight under the windshield. Notice the nice clean line across the top of the windshield frame.
Remo:cool

12.jpg

ANOTHER vote for

REMOVED.

Yep, took 'em out and don't miss 'em in the least.

ANOTHER vote for

REMOVED.

:eek

Did you do anything to cover up where they used to go?

Pics would be great.

I Don't Get It

ANOTHER vote for

REMOVED.

Why would you remove your sun visors?

I can honestly say I've never given it any thought. I just kept them up because it never occurred to me how it might look with the top down and the visors up.

Here you are Kane:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Remo, uh, cause I HATED 'em? I like my car a LOT more now.

I've gotta get to Home Depot and pick up a couple of those little, black plastic plugs for the holes.

Jim

Image2.jpg

Remo, uh, cause I HATED 'em? I like my car a LOT more now.

I've gotta get to Home Depot and pick up a couple of those little, black plastic plugs for the holes.

Jim

Well there you are folks.......evidently driving directly into the sun in Penfield, Neu Yawk is a non issue.:L

So everyone puts the visors up.....very interesting. I turn them down and tucked them tight up under the windshield. I've always thought the lower profile has a cleaner look.

That's how I have always done it for the same reason. In my opinion with the visors in the up position it kind of looks like your wearing a baseball cap with the bill flipped up. Unless your looking for low flying airplanes, your forward vison is still good.

My vote is either way, but more important, please put the windows down if the top is down. As my eight year old neighbor says every time he see a convertible top down with the windows up, "That's gay!" Hey, I don't know what they teach 'em in school, but it always makes me laugh.

Ya know, since we are all 'vert folks here, how many of you use some sort of wind screen? Do they really help stop the buffeting, especially at speed? If you use one, which one do you use? I haven't bought one myself as I wanted to hear if they actually did any good.

Ha...the Donald. True, but they aren't the only ones that might need it:

s1253076135_106437_4866.jpg

Yep...that's me. My hair is down to my belt. With the top down I definitely have to wear a pony tail or braid. Even then some of my hair gets all over the place so a cap too....Corvette cap, of course! I have to wonder if those windscreens work at all?

Visors

Coupe with top removed it's "Flaps up for take off."

Keep 'em rollin' :W

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom