Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Supersonic Blue Metallic ZR1

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
For those of you wondering what the new 2011 Supersonic Blue Metallic color looks like, here ya go:

Attachments

• ss1.JPG
    ss1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 172
  • ss2.JPG
    ss2.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 164
  • ss3.JPG
    ss3.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 267
  • ss4.JPG
    ss4.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 160
  • ss5.JPG
    ss5.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 155
Hmmmm... I hope that it looks better in person; Jet Stream Blue is far nicer in my opinion. SS Blue seems very drab, kind of a gray color.

Colurz

Not really wild about it but that's immaterial considering the world-intimidating capability of this Vette. There's some new models coming out from Ferrari, Porsche etc. and comparative updates need to be maintained regarding just where the Vette stands in sport car world.

btw, I went across an Autoweek article today on the M3 and in the responses, there was yet again - believe it or not - one clown referring to Vette drivers as "gold-chain wearing Vette drivers". Some of those caves have some really strong gates on them, don't they? :ugh

Amazing! The color looks pale and washed out beneath the dealership's fluorescent lighting:
attachment.php

while in this photo taken in sunlight it's deeper and darker:

4569331567_496fe8212a_b.jpg

The second example I love; the first, not so much.

:wJane Ann

I'm with Jane Ann on this one. My brother has the Jetsteam Blue and I think it only looks good in bright sun. My favorite color is black, although the Vette is red, but this color would be a close second.

Now if I can only find all those cans with money in them in my back yard I'd be set.;)

Ron
"Baldie88"

While doing one of my favorite activities, dreaming about getting a new Vette, I ran across two Supersonic Blue Vettes for sale at a local dealer. From these pictures I thought I'd really like them. So I went by last night to look at them in person and I'm underwhelmed. Even my wife didn't care for the color. The salesman said they looked kind of bluish gray but to me I think there was some purple in them. They may look better in direct sunlight but in daylight under an awning I didn't care for it.

So I'm back to dreaming about a Crystal Red Metallic which my wife likes and hoping some right uncle I don't know about dies and leave me some money! :D

Ron
"Baldie88"

This color looks so much better in person.....I saw a ZR1 and a GS near here last week and they looked very good in person. It seems to be very difficult to photograph this color "realistically". So it must be hard to promote a color [ like the Inferno Orange also] that is so difficult to portray.

This color looks so much better in person.....I saw a ZR1 and a GS near here last week and they looked very good in person. It seems to be very difficult to photograph this color "realistically". So it must be hard to promote a color [ like the Inferno Orange also] that is so difficult to portray.

It's true - much better in person.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom