Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Switch under parking brake (1985 c4)

afterburner87

Corvette
2001 Black Coupe & 1996 Yellow LT4
I just bought a 1985 Corvette I love this thing great car. There is a switch under the parking brake that can be switched to A or M. I am assuming it is auto or manual but have no idea what it does. It is not in the owners manual, the switch looks stock but I don't know if it really is. Does anyone else have this or know what it might be?

- Afterburner

You got me wondering so I went out and check my Parking Brake.
I don't see anything but carpet there. Can you describe it, and where it is (under the handle, the base or what?).
Tony

You cannot see the switch until you pull up the parking brake handle then it is right underneath.

- Afterburner

OK Did that. All I see is carpet. Must be an aftermarket thing.
Maybe another member with that year vette has a better opinion,
Good Luck

Probably an aftermarket alarm switch. Can you track down wires that lead from the switch? There was no factory switch anywhere on the parking brake housing.

Just a guess - Might be an auto/manual radiator fan switch. Lots of people install them. Check it out. Start the engine cold and rad fans should be off. Place the switch in manual to see if the rad fans come on. If it does, switch back to auto and the fans should stop and operate on demand from rad temp sensor.
Again, just a guess but worth a try.

It is most likely an alarm or kill switch since it is so hidden. Flip it and see if the car will start. I have an 85 too and it has no switch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom