Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tail light seals...an easy mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TorchRedC5

Has anyone put the silicone rubber seals around their tail lights and how much did you pay for the 4 -24" gaskets?:upthumbs
=======================================================
BTW...I just got banned for a month from another forum for telling members the "big damn secret" of where to get the exact same tail light silicone rubber gasket material better known as "tail light seals" for $6.80 instead of $25...(20 feet of the gasket material for $16.99 makes 10 tail light gaskets/seals)can you believe that great reward of being banned for a month for trying to help members fight the "corvette tax"....go figure:confused

But how did you glue them ??

The seals that they are selling are one piece with double side glue on them and are warrantied for life.

Am l missing something ? Aren't they one piece with a stickum back.

Alan

what happens when you need to replace a bulb ?
do you need a new seal ?

VETTEX2 said:
what happens when you need to replace a bulb ?
do you need a new seal ?

I installed the seals about a month ago, I really like them. They really do keep all the crud from getting behind your tail lights.

Bulb replacement should not be a problem, as the seal stays with the tail light assembly upon removal. So bulb replacement is the same as the stock lenses.

RocketJ

Stupid question for me please.

What exactly is the issue with the tail light seals? Could there be a leak I'm not seeing? Is this a defect or is it soemthing that happens with age or outside elements?

Thanks

TorchRedC5 said:
Has anyone put the silicone rubber seals around their tail lights and how much did you pay for the 4 -24" gaskets?:upthumbs
BTW...I just got banned for a month from another forum for telling members the "big damn secret" of where to get the exact same tail light silicone rubber gasket material better known as "tail light seals" for $6.80 instead of $25...(20 feet of the gasket material for $16.99 makes 10 tail light gaskets/seals)can you believe that great reward of being banned for a month for trying to help members fight the "corvette tax"....go figure:confused

It's Gotta be the Azzzz Holes at Digital Corvette.....

Nevets2004 said:
Stupid question for me please.

What exactly is the issue with the tail light seals? Could there be a leak I'm not seeing? Is this a defect or is it soemthing that happens with age or outside elements?

Thanks

I'm with Steve -what's the issue:confused

Remo:cool

TorchRedC5 said:
BTW...I just got banned for a month from another forum for telling members the "big damn secret" of where to get the exact same tail light silicone rubber gasket material better known as "tail light seals" for $6.80 instead of $25...(20 feet of the gasket material for $16.99 makes 10 tail light gaskets/seals)can you believe that great reward of being banned for a month for trying to help members fight the "corvette tax"
CF ? and where do you get it ?

It would be nice for some informaton on why the seals are needed in the frist place. I might be interesetd if they in fact keep most of the crud from accumulating on the tail light lip.

ME TOO, or does it just keep the water from bleeding out?

hoosierdaddy said:
Looked at the link, professional looking job, how hard was it to remove all the tail lights to do this?

Thanks,
Bill

Removing the taillights is an easy enough job. Remove the 2 screws in each lens and pop out assembly. That's it.

I don't know about these seals everyone's talking about, but I installed the flush mount lens kit on my C5 which for $29.00 from Ecklers (I think), I got the foam and rubber seals. Besides looking good, no more crud gathers in the recesses, because there are no more recesses!! :D

Chrisr said:
Removing the taillights is an easy enough job. Remove the 2 screws in each lens and pop out assembly. That's it.

I don't know about these seals everyone's talking about, but I installed the flush mount lens kit on my C5 which for $29.00 from Ecklers (I think), I got the foam and rubber seals. Besides looking good, no more crud gathers in the recesses, because there are no more recesses!! :D

Can you post a picture of this; I would like to see how they look?

Thanks,
Bill :w

Chrisr said:
Sure, I can take the pic, I'll need some help on how to post it though.

Try THIS LINK- in particular, MsSchroder's second post in the thread. This should help give you some guidence on adding pictures as attachments, but if you find yourself overwhelmed, just ask- Tammy, Jim or myself will be happy to help!

:w
-Patrick

Thanks Patrick!!

I'm going to give it a go here. So....here's my pic of the flush mount tail lites. If you want to see it from an angle, let me know and I'll post that now that I know what I'm doing!!

Chrisr said:
Thanks Patrick!!

I'm going to give it a go here. So....here's my pic of the flush mount tail lites. If you want to see it from an angle, let me know and I'll post that now that I know what I'm doing!!

They look pretty good; can't really tell the differance in the originals. I assume you had to change the complete lense or light here is that correct?

Thanks,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom