Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Take a look, Black or chrome?

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
what do you think, black pipes or chrome pipes?

here is black
attachment.php

I would say chrome too. But I would maybe like the black better if they looked darker like the roof or maybe they do and the picture is deceiving.

Yea, ya know i was thinking the same thing, i like the black, it fits the car better with the paint scheme and all, but they fade out to a dull grey color. THe black paint on them is not real tough. You can also see that the black tubes are newer than the black headers. Maybe i should paint the car black and use the chrome.

Go with Chrome. It finishes off the wheels. Looks better then the faded black.

I also would go with the chrome. Years ago I had a 74 and could'nt cough up the cash for chrome and went w/black. Then got tired of painting for the reasons you mentioned and bought chrome tubes w/the black headers.

But be carefull, the girl friend had scares on her leg and palm of her hand. But shes long gone now as is the car. Those suckers get hot !!!!!!

Good luck with your choice..

I vote chrome also but, would it be possible to powder coat the pipes gloss black or would the exhaust heat cause problems.

Black looks good on a race styled car but chrome looks better longer. Nothing like chrome side pipes with a blotch of leg skin burned to it. :L

Tom

attachment.php

For your type of pipes... CHROME

Fiberglass.... BLACK

DSCF0255.jpg

i had some crome ones on my 66 in the 70's they looked good but i got burned a few times and they turned rainbow colors in the front part were the 4 tubes went into one ..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom