Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Taking pride in your profession!

dougelam

Corvette
2002 Roadster
I for one am very proud when I say that I'm am an ASE Master W/L1💪

My Resume is up to 1/2 thick and you better believe that my ASE credentials just under my cover page.

When the L1 test for emissions was released 17000 people took it, only 7000 of us passed it

So for most it shows that if you're tech has it he MUST know what he's doing!

Plus here in Michigan you have to have a state certification as stated;

All persons who repair motor vehicles for compensation (including the reconditioning, replacement, diagnosis, adjustment or alteration of the operating condition of the vehicle or any component or sub-assembly) in any category of major repair, must be certified by the State of Michigan. Any person performing major repairs who is not certified may obtain a mechanic trainee permit in the categories of repair in which he or she works

Some times I'm wrong or maybe just misinformed but I enjoy helping others when ever possible

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Well said. I'm a fan of Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame and he's been pushing for years for people to recognize and take pride in their professions, whatever that might look like. Whether your collar is white, blue or grey (the Mountie working uniform's colour), if you aren't proud of your profession, you're in the wrong one.

Mac

If this is a dig at toobroke he won't see it since it's not under c3 tech and performance. (Which he seems to think should cover every subject)

If this is a dig at toobroke he won't see it since it's not under c3 tech and performance. (Which he seems to think should cover every subject)
I can't speak for dougelam but I choose to focus on the positive aspect rather than any underlying motive.

Mac

I can't speak for dougelam but I choose to focus on the positive aspect rather than any underlying motive.

Mac
No motive here, just the truth!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mac

Wasn't meaning to imply anything about any motives behind the post. But If I have caused offence to anyone I do apologize.

Well said. I'm a fan of Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs fame and he's been pushing for years for people to recognize and take pride in their professions, whatever that might look like. Whether your collar is white, blue or grey (the Mountie working uniform's colour), if you aren't proud of your profession, you're in the wrong one.

Mac

I'm a Mike Rowe fan also. There are a lot of jobs out there that look awful but there are people doing those jobs that take pride in their work and do them very well.
After 23 years in the Air Force, I had plenty of chances to work at different jobs. Most I liked but some were hard to take. Still, I needed to do them reasonably well if I wanted to stay in the Air Force. I was proud of what I did in the Air Force and later in the Federal Aviation Administration.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom