Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tell us all where you bought your C3

tonyvdb,
Just cureous,how dificult was the windshield frame repair.Just in case that job is in my future..Pics would be cool..

Hemmings publication is usually a good source, as is the publication Corvette & Chevy Trader which you should be able to find in most gas station markets (like BP Express for example). Here's the Corvette & Chevy Trader link for the cars in the magazine.

I don't know if the web pages are as comprehensive as the printed material.

tonyvdb,
Just cureous,how dificult was the windshield frame repair.Just in case that job is in my future..Pics would be cool..

It wasn't too bad a job about three evenings of work. I cut out the rusted area and then bent pieces and welded them in. The posts look straight but they have a bend which took some time to get right. The after pictures are with self etching primer and then I painted the with black enamel. Just got the new windshield today and hope to put it in this weekend.

Good luck if you need to do yours. The hardest part is getting started.

Tony

I bought mine off of Collectorcartraderonline. I wanted to get one that was close enough to see before purchasing and also wanted to take the Corvette expert I knew with me to look at it. I found it only 1.5 hours away.

I just bought a 68 427/400 #'s car from Kassabian Motors in Northern California. I live in Southern Calif, and the car will arrive tomorrow.
I started out looking for a 427/435, but too many sellers claim to have one, and they turned out to be something else. Sooner or later I figured my chanches were better of getting screwed than finding a reasonable car that I could afford. Be careful and good luck.
Steve

Congrats on your '68 427 purchase, Sunger. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures. Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

John

I bought mine from a fellow who works with my wife.He mentioned it to Gail,who wasn't going to say anything to me, but decided to...he was looking to get rid of out b/c he was looking to buy a house..he still get to see it once in a while,when Gail drives it to work,and is tickled the way I brought it back from the dead.He had bought it off a guy in Rensselaer,and it had been hit in the nose,and he had started to do some of the body work to save himself some time,but unfortunately he had more time than money and never finished it.He did however keep it well protected from the elements for seven years b/4 he sold it to me.

Thanks John, I am looking forward to seeing it. Now all I need to do is to sell my 66 Fairlane GT.
Steve

Go Colts!
We bought our '78 Pace Car from a BMW/Mercedes/Rolls dealer in North Carolina. It had been traded in on a new 6 series BMW. Our son spotted it and that started the process.
GaryC - Indiana

I got mine from a place called richards corvettes, in Colorado. But I wouldnt buy a older matching numbers car from him because I have heard rummors that he has sold fake matching number cars. Its just a rummor that I heard from a friend so I dont know for real but he has some great looking cars though.

I have to add my vote for Conte's Corvettes. We've purchased two cars from Joe and highly recommend him - he's been in the business for 33 yrs.

Two years ago we bought a 96 Grand Sport and just recently (actually we're headed up tomorrow to sign the papers) bought a 78 Pace Car with 5,000 (that's not a typo) miles.

The cars are acurately represented and fairly priced. Joe's the type of person that is a credit to the Corvette hobby.

Unfortunately that pointer didn't include the entire article.....it was just a tease!!!! ;)

Unfortunately that pointer didn't include the entire article.....it was just a tease!!!! ;)

At the top left of the "page" there are 3 boxes with red xs in them. Click on the box at the right. You need to do this for each page to display the next.

Jim

Great story! Thanks.

Corvette Country

I bought my 1982 corvette from Corvette Country in Austin, TX.
www.corvettecountry.com

They were very helpful. I found the car on the internet and started emailing the dealer. I was looking for a semi-project car. I wanted to drive it during the week and fix it on the weekends. They had something i liked for a price that was several thousand less than the next closest car i found. It needed work, but mostly cosmetics. It had no warranty, but I was told that the former owner had driven the car every day and it had no problems. He only sold it because he traded it for a '99 convertible.

I bought the car, ate lunch, and started the 12 hour drive home. I got about 15 miles away and the fluid temp hit 250 and the radiator boiled over. It was saturday afternoon and the dealer had closed while i was at lunch. At this point i figured i was screwed. I tried to get anyone from the dealer on the phone all day, but couldn't. So i got a Hotel and tried again Sunday morning. I found the salesman's home phone number, and told him what had happened. He came and picked me up from my hotel, paid for the room, paid for my air fare home, towed the car, and he replaced the radiator for free (he offered to refund my money and take the car back, but i still wanted the car if it could be fixed).

They were incredibly honest about everything. I just think that the previous owner lied to get a better trade in. And the car didn't overheat at low speeds or for short trips (i was driving in July in Texas). Since they were selling it as semi-project i guess they didn't inspect it as much as they did their higher end cars.

I will definitely buy from them again, and i recommend them to anyone looking to get a good deal on a car (they sell more than just corvettes). They are also offer full mechanical work, too. I'd go to them, but they are far away and i like doing things myself.

The car is my daily driver and i love driving it.

Good luck, and happy hunting,

I bought my 1982 corvette from Corvette Country in Austin, TX.
www.corvettecountry.com

I bought the car, ate lunch, and started the 12 hour drive home. I got about 15 miles away and the fluid temp hit 250 and the radiator boiled over. It was saturday afternoon and the dealer had closed while i was at lunch. At this point i figured i was screwed. I tried to get anyone from the dealer on the phone all day, but couldn't. So i got a Hotel and tried again Sunday morning. I found the salesman's home phone number, and told him what had happened. He came and picked me up from my hotel, paid for the room, paid for my air fare home, towed the car, and he replaced the radiator for free (he offered to refund my money and take the car back, but i still wanted the car if it could be fixed).

WOW, that's really unbelievable. Talk about a taking care of the customer after the sale! Thanks for sharing.

-John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom