Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thanks for making a new Twin Turbo owner feel welcome, from Malc350 in the UK.

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Thanks to everyone who replied to my posts on the Callaway forum. As you know I'm a new member of the forum and have only owned my car a few weeks but I can't imagine life without it!

I've owned a couple of C4s before - a red 84 auto and a red 93 auto and was looking to buy a C5 or maybe the last of the C4s.

What made life hard was my insistence of a car with manual transmission - they rarely come up for sale over here. Most people seem to want automatics - why???

I wasn't looking for a Callaway - just as well really becuse I've only known 4 at the most for sale over here in the last 12 years (!) but when I saw one for sale curiosity got the better of me and I had to look at it. It looked to me like a real alternative to a ZR1 in a more drivable, torquey package.

The exclusivity appealed to me too, I know some of you guys in the US have said that noone knows waht a Callaway is over there - imagine over here, most people don't even know what a Corvette is, just that it looks really cool and goes really fast!

Thanks again folks.

You're welcome!

It's nice to have a fellow Callaway enthusiast from across the pond. Are you going to fly over for Corvette's at Carlisle in August? If you've never been it is absolutely amazing!

I was wondering - How's the quality of the gas you get over there? I know it's VERY expensive!!! But what kind of octane rating can you get? These TTs run SOOOO much better with some good gas. In fact, I run a 2 to 1 mix of 93 octane unleaded and 114 octane race gas. My car is not stock though.

Gas quality

Cheers 90 Callaway, our regular is 95 octane and super unleaded is 99. I presume this gives an extra margin against detonation. I'd love to come over to th USA next month but I very much doubt I'll be able to make it.

Malc.

Hello Malc,

It`s nice to see yet another UK member on the forums. I sure you will find just about anything you need to know right here from what in my experience is a great bunch of people.

Great choice of Vette, although I have seen the odd one advertised I havn`t actually seen a Callaway in this country before, do you have some pictures yet. Although mine is only a C3 It took some finding to get a manual as well.

Maybe catch up with you some time on my travels

Cheers
J.

Hi J

Thanks for your reply. I've posted some pics at: www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette. Just checked out your site, cool car!!! Ever been to any shows down south? Your car looks kind of familiar.

Re: Gas quality

malc350 said:
Cheers 90 Callaway, our regular is 95 octane and super unleaded is 99. I presume this gives an extra margin against detonation. I'd love to come over to th USA next month but I very much doubt I'll be able to make it.

Malc.
Malc, for info on the Callaway Reunion at Corvettes@Carlisle, go to www.callawaycars.com and click on new stuff, you will see an info page there I set up.
If you need lodging, I have set up a group of rooms at a hotel and have a dinner planned as well, the deadlines are quickly approaching *************(JULY 23rd cutoff for hotel!!!)***********
e mail me for more info at the addy on the infopage. Hope to see you and the other owners there in August (Aug 23-25, 2002)
*89x2*

Malc,

I have had the car for about 4 years now and bought it from a dealer in Birmingham. I am the third UK owner but I havn`t bothered to check out any of the previous owners. It could have came from "Down South" it has a small sticker on the window from Billing in 1990 and there was something in the glove box from Santa Pod. It would be interesting to findout some of it`s history in this country. When I bought it it looked like someone had spent some money on it and the overall condition of it made me think the low mileage could be right but unfortunately the last owner held onto the paperwork and the dealer was never able to get it for me although I did get all the old MOT`s confirming the miles.

J.

Btw your link to the picture came up as not available.

Got it to work off your other post, nice car !!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom