Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Big, Big Block Build.........

Re: Did I Miss Something?

Rowdy1 said:
Maybe it's me, but I don't see any pictures:confused

I just ran an edit and posted them straight into the thread. For some reason I am not able to attach a file at the moment. I will check with Rob and see what is going on.

schweet
rofl.gif

Nice looking flywheel. What does it weigh?

Thats nice looking stuff Chris!
Must be ton of fun and exciting, working with all your new high end goodies..with everything all clean and easy to inspect measure and get ready to install:upthumbs
Tom

The Eagle Has Landed!

Well, if a picture is worth 1,000 words, here is about 4,000 words

engine%20&%20trans.JPG

Engine%20going%20in.JPG

Chris%20&%20Engine.JPG

Engine%20in%20right%20side.JPG

All I see is the image below the ramps on the wall! Who is that?
anismily.gif

Seriously, it looks like it won't be long Chris. Betcha can't wait! :J

OK, McSpeed wipe that smirk off your face:L

Remain humble to the 99.9% that can't keep up with you now :nono

Black Thunder said:
OK, McSpeed wipe that smirk off your face:L

Remain humble to the 99.9% that can't keep up with you now :nono

Okay, sing along with me...........Oh Lord its hard to be humble, .........when your perfect in everyway.....I can't wait to look in the mirror, Cuz I get better looking each day....

No really, the install went very smooth. No damage to the car, no damage to the engine. Nikki might have a bruised boobie. She was on her back under the driver side making sure the tail shaft came up and cleared the cross member. I was also rolling the car little by little under the engine. When the engine weight came on the chassis, it squated and flattened and pinched her by her boob under the car. It did this very slow, so she did not realize she was stuck there until she was ready to come out. Good thing those things are soft!

Tom Bryant said:
Nice looking flywheel. What does it weigh?

You know, none of my literature lists the weight, and I was in too much of a school girl hurry to install it to stop and weight it! It seems to me it is possibly 12 lbs lighter than a stock model. It is made of a different kind of steel, and has excessive machine work to eliminate extra material. Then, the pressure plate has a cast iron inner section that seemed as heavy as the bare flywheel.

I compared to the old small block flywheel. The small block 69 flywheel is much heavier by comparison.

Racer78 said:
Chris, looking good :)

Don't ever add up what you have in the 69, you would die stright away :)

Keith :w

Too Late!!!!!! I keep every receipt, and have a running total.

Thanks Chris. I was wondering how it compared to the NOS L88 13.4 lb flywheel I have. Of course the Chevy part is nodular iron.

Tom

I have to get pulleys/brackets, etc. I really wanted a single belt system, but most of those put the accesories where you can only run short valve covers. I am having to run tall covers, and have the driver modified to clear the brake booster.

So, I am going with a long leg style (okay because I am running electric fan) and two belt. I will have to run my a/c lines over the engine, or around the core support.

This stuff will be here in about a week, so pending what I can get done between now and then, I might be able to go for a test run in two weeks :_rock
chevy-wide.jpg

**Note** I have had some serious trouble with March Pulleys in the past. They assure me that these issues have been addressed, and they now use higher quality hardware, heavier duty brackets, better aluminum, and better coatings. They were well aware of the past issues and seem to be on top of it. They really wanted to earn my business and show me they have worked out the kinks

This list gets smaller, and the count down continues.

Of the original list of "Things to get", I am down to these items.

air cleaner

hoses

The Spal dual 11" fans are on the way, as well as the other items listed.

I will get hoses from a local store, and hand fit the air cleaner when the time comes.

Shooting to fire it up in about two weeks!!!!!!

Lookin great Chris, should have called me up this past weekend I could have helped...errr...got in the way. To think my truck has been in the same place where the 69 is now sitting...If only the 454 was being dropped in th Sonoma, oh the fun! :)

I guess you could have pumped my ego and told me I am so good that I could install an engine blind folded. Then with my swelled head I would have taken you up on that. While you blind folded me you could have slipped your Sonoma in place of the Vette.

I guess they are both black, so it would take me a while to figure it out!!!!!!!!!!

Na.............................

hehe Dang, should have thought of that..I think I could have pulled it off with the distracion of the beagles running around! By the way, I put a extra 2/3 drop on my truck, sport mirrors, tb spacer, and some 245/50/16 Kumho 712 on th truck...Looks sporty...I need to show it to ya, and you need to give me a ride in the 90!

Looks very familiar Chris, real Déja Vu indeed! Mine's gonna be dynoed in two weeks time, can't wait to get the results. I've been working on the AC install really hard now, found your install pics yesterday, BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG help!
Jay

Good news Jay, sounds like you will be rocking and rolling soon. Feel free to get with me anytime for any other suggestions on the a/c system. I am more than happy to help. I have more pics stored on disc that I will be happy to e-mail to you if needed.

We have another significant engine build going on here in the C4 section under Ken's "My Engine Project". It is a huge thread, but he is doing some amazing things to his 87.

I will wrap this thread up very soon. Saturday was productive. I spent hours and hours doing little odds and ends for the fuel injection, ignition, wire harness, starter, headers, etc. So far so good.

Big things will happen in the next two weeks. I just hope and pray I put everything together right inside that engine. A little late now to worry about that!

Hey Mitch, come on over anytime and show me that cool truck. Too bad you don't have the NOS on it anymore. We will take the 90 for a spin. It will blow your mind.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom