Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Black Wheel Trend

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
The all black wheel look (shown here on this 1999 FRC) is starting to
(pardon the expression) get some "traction". I'm beginning to see it
everywhere and especially on the black C5 and C6 Z06's. Let's here
your thoughts on the subject.
Remo:cool

newdoiii4yt.jpg

Kinda remind me of basketball players in all-black shoes - makes 'em look old & slow.

IMHO of course!

:w

newdoiii4yt.jpg
To each their own but I don't like the look except on a race course, maybe.

Those wheels look awesome! But, I would repaint the calipers to something other than Z06 red. If my car was black, I would have those. I don't think I'd want them on my quicksilver, but I'd have to see one in person.

I really want a set of jet black wheels on my black Saturn VUE, but can't find any that are just plain black. I can't find any that I like, most of them have too much "flair" for me. (not a big fan of the rivet look)

Takes some getting used to....agree that they look alot better on black cars....guess we have all been conditioned to shiny is better.....
Some cars/colors they look good and some they don't.....
If I had a black, lowered, C6 Z06 I would seriously consider them, I think you posted one in another thread....you would never see that car at night on a pitch black road with the lights off......very stealth......

More Blackness

Here's an example of the look on a 2006 Z06 - pure Gothic.

zzzzz0ar5os.jpg

The guy that owns the filling station up the road from me has a new C6 vert in silver with the black wheels. It doesn't look bad, but I think I prefer the polished wheels that I have on mine.

Houston, Texas

Then there's the "Black Chrome" thing. Shown here on Ted Brown's
2003 Z06.

f1e53d40d.jpg

Albany, Oregon

2002 Z06 wearing a set of C6 Z06 Black Chrome wheels. It's a
more refined version of "evil".
Z06forsalepics034.jpg

I am on the fence.They look good on some colors better than others. :eek:hnoes

Kinda reminds me of basketball players in all-black shoes ........

:boogie :boogie :boogie That's the best description I've read yet!!!

To me the wheels should "set the car off, add a little "bling", or however you want to state it, not be lost into the blackness of the tires.

My$.02

I am on the fence.They look good on some colors better than others. :eek:hnoes
Yea I was too, But then I bought a 2nd set of wheels had them powder coated in Hi Gloss Black, I love the look I left the chrom center caps on. To bad I dont know how to post pictures to show them off

I had Thunder's wheels powder coated black and loved it for about 3 months.:D
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get good Powder coat out of all the nooks and crannies?:ugh Clue - it can't be done.:mad

I just ordered a new set of ZR1 wheels in ¨bling bling Chrome.¨:D

I really like it - ALOT. I will be the 1st to say it's not for everyone. It's more of a street fighter or industrial look. Kind of like a modern version of a road race car. I would say it's sinister looking not classy looking. What can you say about that Z06 - that's BAD! I have an other picture of it (or the exact same look) as part of my desk top. It also works a lot better on cars with no chrome or bright work. The tuner crowd has been using it for a while. You also see it on the track on the IMSA type cars. BBS had them on a red Vette at SEMA.

Black wheels look nice if they have a machined lip or something to give it some contrast. All black does not really float my boat...:eyerole

It's more of a street fighter or industrial look.

You hit the nail on the head....It's like buying Snap-On wrenches....do you go with the usual chromed wrenches or do you go with the industrial finish that no one else buys? Kinda cool cuz not everyone does it. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom