Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Black Wheel Trend

Hotwing, if you were this obnoxious about this topic on the other forum then I see why you got banned...

HEY WHEN SOMEONE ASKS FOR MY OPINOIN I TELL WHAT I THINK , I DON'T TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HERE. IF YOU TRULEY FEEL THAT WAY MAYBE YOU SHOULD JOIN THE CORVETTE FROUM AND TELL PEOPLE WAHT THEY WANT TO HERE. AS FAR AS BEING OBNOXIOUS WELL THATS YOUR OPINION ,AND I SAY WHATEVER :eyerole

Have a nice day !!!

Originally Posted by Gorgon
Hotwing, if you were this obnoxious about this topic on the other forum then I see why you got banned...

HEY WHEN SOMEONE ASKS FOR MY OPINOIN I TELL WHAT I THINK , I DON'T TELL THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO HERE. IF YOU TRULEY FEEL THAT WAY MAYBE YOU SHOULD JOIN THE CORVETTE FROUM AND TELL PEOPLE WAHT THEY WANT TO HERE. AS FAR AS BEING OBNOXIOUS WELL THATS YOUR OPINION ,AND I SAY WHATEVER :eyerole

Have a nice day !!!
Gordon - I can also! :upthumbs

L8TR - D

All you have to say is that you don't like it. There's no need to degrade anyone's ride for how he chooses to personalize his car. In fact, if you read through the thread you can find many people that said that they did not like the look in a civilized way.

Leon

Edit: BTW, all caps is considered screaming and is also obnoxious. Just thought you'd like to know. And knowing is half the battle. ;)

All you have to say is that you don't like it. There's no need to degrade anyone's ride for how he chooses to personalize his car. In fact, if you read through the thread you can find many people that said that they did not like the look in a civilized way.

Leon

Edit: BTW, all caps is considered screaming and is also obnoxious. Just thought you'd like to know. And knowing is half the battle. ;)

I knew about the caps, What I didn't know, was that you were sooo sensitive:boogie

That is about enough. This thread will get back on track or I will close it.
Jim

That is about enough. This thread will get back on track or I will close it.
Jim
Speaking of Darth Vader, he looks good in all black. He would look pretty stupid with a chrome helmet. :D

p.s. I know, you are Darth Vetter, not Vader

...and now back to the regular scheduled program!

2ujovo3.jpg

Speaking of Darth Vader, he looks good in all black. He would look pretty stupid with a chrome helmet. :D

p.s. I know, you are Darth Vetter, not Vader

That user name came from when I had a black '97. I thought it looked like Darth Vader's helmet, so I got the vanity plate DRTH VTR. When I got my blue Z06, I changed the plate to SACR BLU, but kept the old user name. I have always thought that a blue C5 painted to look like a Grand Sport would be an attractive look. I think I have seen it done in a magazine.

new%20top1.jpg

I like the look with some contrast as others have stated it. Here's a shot of UB2SLOW's C4 with black C5Z rims. Looks good with his color scheme. I've ridden in his car, it's one fast MoFo. :)

I think this would look good on my Pewter FRC with some other dark accents.

Leon

Chrome is for cars with chrome bumpers. Plus they are cheap and heavy, no business being on a real sports car.
Ouch! Ya know, there are probably plenty of C2 & C3 owners that would disagree with you on the 'chrome' and 'real sports car' thing...:D
Hell, that might even make ya liable for a public lynching in some parts! :L

-------

Seeing all black on the rims is like seeing all white rims. Some cars it works with, others not so well.

My first liking of the 'two-tone' wheels was on the T/A (or Firebird?) that had the high-gloss black with chrome trim rings, similar to UB2SLOW's car.

And don't forget this classic example of black rims (with bright trim)
a0005086_9385117.jpg

And of course, let's not forget another benefit of black rims, especially the matte finish... Less cleaning of brake dust!!!

And there's also all the tub rods of the 40's & 50's that used the black rim (and sometimes with white wall tires).

Also, I'm thinking that when you see the black rims on today's cars, it tends to invoke the reaction you felt when you saw those crappy steel wheels that you'd get on absolute bottom-barrel, no-options cars of the 70's and 80's. Like what some people use now for dedicate snow tires on their daily drivers in the winter.

Let's Get Up Close

Nice close up shot of an HRE 541R Motorsport wheel with some very
tasty Caravaggio brake work.
Remo:cool

p2270013wc5.jpg

I understand some like the chrome look, so from the style standpoint, o.k. But you can't dispute the heavy and cheap part. That was really the emphasis when I said they had no business being on a sports car of high caliber. 70's cars get a pass, they are heavy as hell anyway. Most aftermarket chrome Vette wheels are garbage. Why anyone would change stock spun aluminum for chromed steel is beyond me. But, one of my dearest friends did it on his Z cause he had to have chrome.

Most of the peoples do not like it. For an obscure reason, I really like it. I had the picture of my car with black wheel in mind before I buy it. That was also my first mod shortly after I bought the car. The good thing is that this is my car and I can do what ever I want with it. This is liberty!

IndustrialMontral14Jan2007FuelTubeB.jpg

more pics on my website.

I understand some like the chrome look, so from the style standpoint, o.k. But you can't dispute the heavy and cheap part. That was really the emphasis when I said they had no business being on a sports car of high caliber. 70's cars get a pass, they are heavy as hell anyway. Most aftermarket chrome Vette wheels are garbage. Why anyone would change stock spun aluminum for chromed steel is beyond me.
While I generally agree with your remarks, I have to question the chromed steel part. I have never seen steel wheels for a C5.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom