Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed and Europe awaits

wait till you see some of the cars I saw today

I took a ride in a trans am that is one of the fastest cars in the world, at almost 245 miles per hour....He is taking it to the German track this year to go for over 253 mph on a closed track. The VW people will not let him use their track because he may beat the Buggatti V

You will see some great c4,c5 , and a 750 hp C6 , to late tonight to post

Jack

It's sad to hear that delays are going to force some unwanted revisions in your plans, Jack. But it's still THE trip of a lifetime and I'm glad you're able to enjoy it. I love the photos! The scenery is breath taking!
:wJane Ann

Akvavit what did I know ?

It's sad to hear that delays are going to force some unwanted revisions in your plans, Jack. But it's still THE trip of a lifetime and I'm glad you're able to enjoy it. I love the photos! The scenery is breath taking!
:wJane Ann

I am sorry but after a 350 mile long train ride, my host Jan-Ivar insisted that I needed some medicine to help calm my nerves after my experiences with the shipping line.

So no pictures of cars this post but I did manage one or two shots before , before , before

Jack

TrainridebacktoOslodrinks006.jpg

TrainridebacktoOslodrinks005.jpg

Last edited:
750 Plus HP Lingenfelter

All though I am traveling in a c-2 many of the Europeans I meet, have later model Corvettes. Lingenfelter Corvettes seem to be the car of choice by many of them. This 2006 belongs to Einar, a Norwegian business man . Thought you my want a look. He thinks it is not fast enough.

Einar750Lingenfeltter200611.jpg

Einar750Lingenfeltter20069.jpg

Einar750Lingenfeltter20068.jpg

Einar750Lingenfeltter20067.jpg

Einar750Lingenfeltter20066.jpg

Einar750Lingenfeltter20064.jpg

Einar750Lingenfeltter20063.jpg

ZR 1 Jan Erik

Jan Erik also likes late model Corvettes. He owns a ZR1 1995. It is number 446 of 448 with less the 3,000 miles on it.

Here is a look at it, he lives on an island near Bergen Norway.

JanErikzr195446of44819.jpg

JanErikzr195446of44825.jpg

JanErikzr195446of4483.jpg

JanErikzr195446of4484.jpg

JanErikzr195446of4485.jpg

JanErikzr195446of4482.jpg

Last edited:
Scandinavian Muscle.

Very cool! Can't imagine that Lingenfelter not being fast enough.

Harry Harbakk President of Corvette Club of Norway

More from Jack , as some of you may know I have taken my c-2 to Europe as the guest of European Corvette owners. Most have C3 to C6 cars.

You will see some wonderful cars as well as pictures of my travels through Europe. The Europeans are buying up these cars at a great pace, they like speed and blowers.

Harry Harbakk has a great car 1980 with some unusual art work.

HarryHarbakkPres2corvetteclubNorway.jpg

HarryHarbakkPres4corvetteclubNorway.jpg

HarryHarbakkPres5corvetteclubNorway.jpg

NorwayHarryCarBergan3.jpg

HarryHarbakkPres1corvetteclubNorway.jpg

HarryHarbakkPres3corvetteclubNorway.jpg

HarryHarbakkPres7corvetteclubNorway.jpg

NorwayHarryCarBergan1.jpg

It's pretty obvious that they take their Corvettes (and other cars) very seriously in Europe. Very cool cars, Jack.

Jack, I would be interested in what the price per gallon is for the gas you're using,
and what kind of mileage you're getting. I'm suspecting that with all of the hills
the MPG is gonna suffer..........
Andy Anderson :w

You don't want to know

Jack, I would be interested in what the price per gallon is for the gas you're using,
and what kind of mileage you're getting. I'm suspecting that with all of the hills
the MPG is gonna suffer..........
Andy Anderson :w

I only have to fill up once in Norway . $160 to fill tank. I should get about 13 to 15 mph with my 3.70 rear.

average about .80 a mile to drive the car across Europe.

I will know more in two days when I hit the road

Jack

Travel Plans and Schedule

I have worked out a travel Schedule for the Trip. All is subject to change depending on weather and car.

On Thursday 13th, I leave Oslo for Trelleborg Ferry to Sassnitz Germany .

I stay with Matthias and family northwest of Berlin.

On Friday (14th) Berlin for day and night.

On Saturday (15th) I leave Berlin to head to Nuremberg area spend the day with forum members and site see.

On Sunday (16th) I leave for Munich area spend day and night

On Monday (17 + 18th ) Zurich area Martin

On Wed (19th ) head to Monaco area

On Thursday (20th) head to Cap de Agde

On Friday (21th-23th) Cap de Agde

On Sunday (23rd) I can relax and head north to visit in France

September 23rd to October 26

France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark,Sweden, Finland, Sweden and Norway to go home.

Beyond that who knows except to get back to Oslo by 26 Oct to drop car off at shipper

Plane to USA on 28th of October

So, I saw that you will be travelling the west coast of Sweden to Trelleborg, via E6, just about in the middle of that leg, is where we have our summer house, in Mellbystrand. I checked the weather along the route and it is supposed to be quite good after an overnight rain.

Happy travel.
//Sweabe

Sweden for real in October

So, I saw that you will be travelling the west coast of Sweden to Trelleborg, via E6, just about in the middle of that leg, is where we have our summer house, in Mellbystrand. I checked the weather along the route and it is supposed to be quite good after an overnight rain.

Happy travel.
//Sweabe

Hello Sweabe,

I will wave at the town as I go by. I will be back in Swede on my return to Oslo. The dates should be around the 20th of October. I hope we can meet up at that time. Any hints about traffic and the road from Oslo to Trelleborg. I leave Oslo by 9:30 am and need to be in Trelleborg by 5:00 pm. It is about 370 miles.

Jack

I would say this trip may take up to 7 hours, the roads are better when you are getting closer to Gothenburg and onwards, from there it is highway with 2 lanes in each direction, and in some places you are allowed to drive at 120 km/h (74,5 mph)

The traffic should not be so bad, considering that you are passing Gothenburg in non rush hours. It is not until you are getting closer to Trelleborg as the rush hours begins.

By the way, I looked at the map, and realized that halfway is Gothenburg, Mellbystrand is like halfway between Gotheburg an Trelleborg

Have you got your Car out yet?

//Sweabe

The Car is now in Berlin with me

Hello to All

The car arrived and I was off to Berlin at 10 am on Thursday. I drove 370 miles to Ferry at Trelleberg Sweden from Oslo. Got ferry at 5:30 pm and arrived in Sassnitz Germany at 11:30 pm. Drove from Sassnitz to Peckatel at the parents home of Chevy Unger. 110 miles.

Got up and drove to Berlin on Friday to Unger house in Berlin 120 miles.

Had party with Corvette Club of Berlin Friday night.
Satuday off to Numernberg for a Car show and Germany TV interview.

Have great photos but computer not uploading hope to fix later

Total of 600 miles in 24 hours.

Jack

Great news!

Car arrived safely, and you made it to the ferry in Trelleborg :)

//sweabe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom