Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed and Europe awaits

Nice digs, Jack.....did you ever find the key? :L

Wonderful pics:thumb

Beautiful, Jack. I'm living this trip through you. :thumb

Most Excellent Threrad

WOW.....whatt a trip....something I have dreamed about. One of these days.....and excellent choice to ride in.

Maybe my 401k will support me doing this at some point in my life.....keep posting pics. I have not read every page, but are you planning Italy, Greece, Germany and Netherlands *Amsterdam :)

Excellent....safe trip and post lots of pics you lucky guy.....

I spent 5 1/2 years in Germany and Greece. Would love to go back w/Vette and road trip some day (after I'm retired of course).....:beer

I have landed in Bayeux

I was a bit emotional after Normandy beaches and thought it best to stop driving for the day. Wonderful old city with a rich French history. I am off for some Caffe' and wine to recover.

Posts later tonight.

Jack

I was there in 1970.:pat

Hello Jack,

I was great to meet you in real life! You have some good stories to tell when you're back at home I think :) I hope you're going to have some great days overhere in Holland but I think with Rob and Erik you're in good hands.

Greetings Peter

A funny thing happen to me in Belgium

I was fortunate to be invited to spend the weekend by my host Alexander Van De Rostyne in Knokke Heist. It is a resort town on the northern coast of Belgium. The Zoute Rally 2012 was being held there . It is a rally that cost about $4,000 to enter your car. Many cars entered had values over $1,000,000 including many Bugatti's, Bentley's , RR, etc.

Here are some pictures on the way and at the event.

ShowKnokkeHiest024.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest083.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest059.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest063.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest074.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest078.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest082.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest089.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest109.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest111.jpg

ShowKnokkeHiest119.jpg

My Hosts Alexander and Ingrid

ShowKnokkeHiest094.jpg

The Dutch Collection & Car Fix

Last time I posted , I has hearing strange sounds from the car rear end. We kept checking it in Paris and Netherlands. NCRS chapter members helped me out a bit and I have many pictures of Netherlands and Belgium for later.

They directed my to Andre Boer.
http://www.autobedrijfandreboer.nl/

Then it happened.

I was in a black hole in Germany. No internet in a small village. The natives treated my well , but I could not communicate until now. I escaped the "I do not know the password" host and now am comfortable, they gave me food and water.

The noise was a u-joint and I spent the day with Andre Boer, he and his sons fixed my car and I had a chance to get a personal tour by Andre of his cars "Dutch Corvette Collection" and businesses. Dinner with his wife, three sons, daughter in law and two grandchildren. I had a big home cooked meal. Very nice man and family.

He sent me on my way to Arno, a wild German , who came running out of his house at 11pm when I arrived, screaming about some political program he was watching, because I was late. It took a few minuets to get him to calm down and tell me his name. Good man once his blood pressure came down.

Unfortunately , no internet. But had a great time with the Germans who gathered the next day for their regional corvette meeting, radio interviews and good fellowship.

So I am OK now, in another small town near Bielefeld. Will head to Hamburg later today.

Lots of pictures and stories to tell.

Jack

Netherlands NCRS

I have the internet for a few hours and though I would catch up on posting pictures. I am in small town outside of Hamburg Germany.

As you may remember, I had noticed a rear wheel noise a few weeks ago.
The car was put on a lift in Paris and no damage was found, but the noise was still there. On to the Netherlands and an invite to a NCRS.NL chapter barn find show at Rob Muskquetier's workshop just north of Amsterdam in Akersloot.

I got to meet many Dutch corvette owners and we also put my car on a lift and checked again for the rear wheel noise.

Here are some pictures of the countryside from Amsterdam to Akersloot.

rob005.jpg

rob007.jpg

rob008.jpg

rob013.jpg

rob012.jpg

rob011.jpg

Looking for the reason for clicking and clanging and 63 SWC project car.

We did not find a direct reason for noise yet. More to come later.

NCRSNetherland14.jpg

NCRSNetherland13.jpg

NCRSNetherland20.jpg

NCRSNetherland23.jpg

Really great pictures Jack!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom