Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The corvette C6

ChildishEgg

The corvette C6 is probably one of the best older looking corvettes. Whats your opinion on the c6, and if you own one whats it like?
This is my first post so bare with me.

My wife and I must like them because we have owned 3 C6s and still have one, a 2013 60th Anniversary 427 Convertible.

I've owned 2 C6's so I like them. Currently I have a
Grand Sport 2018.jpg
Grand Sport.

Love mine...at 14, I'd say, Save your money and buy one when you can. I bought my first Corvette when I was 19.

They are a very attractive automobile, in my humble opinion.

Stick around and see what you can learn.

I would love a C8 and probably will upgrade to a C7 at some time as it's a better built automobile than my C6, but I think the C6 is one of the best looking American built cars ever built. To my eye, the C6 is iconic and really exemplifies when the Corvette really stepped onto the world stage from an aesthetic angle, not just on pure performance. The C6 body style brought a body style to an American built car that previously had been exclusively the domain of Italian cars in my opinion. While not up to state of the art performance, I think the C6 is a high mark in car design. As an owner of a C6, I am clearly biased, but those are my thoughts.

Love mine...at 14, I'd say, Save your money and buy one when you can. I bought my first Corvette when I was 19.

They are a very attractive automobile, in my humble opinion.

Stick around and see what you can learn.
Thanks for the feedback!

As much as I was thinking I might upgrade my C6 to a C7 now that the C8s are real, I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on another C6. When I bought my first C6 I was not sure if I'd really take to driving a Corvette having never had a sports car before. I joked that it would either be a six month dalliance, or it would become my starter Vette. It looks like at about eighteen months in, it's becoming my starter Vette. The outgoing one is a 2013 base coupe in 2LT with about 67,000 miles on it and it's probably never seen the inside of a garage. The new one is a Velocity Yellow Grand Sport with only 12,000 miles on it and looks to have been babied. I'm really looking forward to the upgrades the GS will bring! It will still have to live outside until I can get my garage cleaned out (want to buy a small machine shop?), but will at least live under a car cover when I'm not driving it. Looks like I'm hooked!

As much as I was thinking I might upgrade my C6 to a C7 now that the C8s are real, I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on another C6. When I bought my first C6 I was not sure if I'd really take to driving a Corvette having never had a sports car before. I joked that it would either be a six month dalliance, or it would become my starter Vette. It looks like at about eighteen months in, it's becoming my starter Vette. The outgoing one is a 2013 base coupe in 2LT with about 67,000 miles on it and it's probably never seen the inside of a garage. The new one is a Velocity Yellow Grand Sport with only 12,000 miles on it and looks to have been babied. I'm really looking forward to the upgrades the GS will bring! It will still have to live outside until I can get my garage cleaned out (want to buy a small machine shop?), but will at least live under a car cover when I'm not driving it. Looks like I'm hooked!
Good luck!

Im only 14 but in the future should I buy one?
Depends on how far in the future you're talking about. The cost of a good C6 is pretty reasonable right now since it is 2 generations old. The biggest cost of ownership for a young person is insurance. Don't forget to budget for that when you are ready to buy a Vette.

Depends on how far in the future you're talking about. The cost of a good C6 is pretty reasonable right now since it is 2 generations old. The biggest cost of ownership for a young person is insurance. Don't forget to budget for that when you are ready to buy a Vette.
yeah

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom