Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The "most powerful muscle car ever

Corvette
2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
Dodge has just published the specs on the new Challenger SRT Hellcat. 707 HP with 650 pound-feet of torque run to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.

GM needs to get their ignition switches fixed and move on to something a little more exciting.

Mass/Inertia

Dodge has just published the specs on the new Challenger SRT Hellcat. 707 HP with 650 pound-feet of torque run to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.

GM needs to get their ignition switches fixed and move on to something a little more exciting.

Until we see a Nordschleife time, I'm not impressed with this thing that weighs like 4,300 lbs. What kind of brakes and suspension - therefore control - is thing going to have?

Probably a straight line machine.

Although tuners will get more: initially it is 6.1# per HP.

Until we see a Nordschleife time, I'm not impressed with this thing that weighs like 4,300 lbs. What kind of brakes and suspension - therefore control - is thing going to have?

Heck...I think we oughta get Bob Chadwick to drive this 707-hp Dodge on the Nordschleife.

It weights more than a CTS V sedan or coupe but is has 150 more HP. An '09 CTS V sedan ran a 7:59.xxx around the 'ring. Wonder if the HellCat can get under 8 minutes?

I also wonder if it comes with a rear tire warranty?

Martin_2010_Camaro_SALES-FL.jpg

Martin Camaro makes 727 HP.

In 2012 when Jim Mero in a ZR1 ran the Nord in 7 19" 63. In an interview he stated the back tires were gone near the end.
Mero is a GM employee, but he has enough time on the Norde to know it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bf9FrZ09q14

Unless they changed and I doubt it, factories dyno the engine in stand; it is flywheel horsepower, not rear wheel horsepower.

I suspect that the car wasn't developed to run the "Ring".

great, maybe we can use it to run a generator instead.

I'm not going to get into any "pony-car wars" or anything, but this power level is pretty over the top for standard sales, just for bragging rights and all that. I'll be quite curious to see what this means for the future of the Viper...

Oh heck, I could build a 1000-hp Z06 given an LSx iron block and two big-assed turbos but...

Who can drive a rear-drive car with 700-hp. Few people I know. Heck I remember Jim Mero and I sipping some drinks in BG and talking about his running the C6 ZR1 at the 'ring. He said, the car was quick, indeed, but a handful. He said, and I guote, "The Z06 was the 'rockstar'. Less power for sure but better balanced and easier to drive at the limit."

Seems as I recall, back in the C6 era, the ZR1 and the Z06 were within seconds of each other.

It's going to take a lot more than just 707-hp to beat some of the better times there.

Thing about the 'ring is that the mfgs which do not go there so because either 1) their target market doesn't care or 2) they know they can't play with the big dogs and they don't want to risk a public failure.

All they plan on doing is drive the 700-1100 or more in a straight line for 1320' or run the Texas (or other) mile.

In my opinion, it destroys a car with world class handling; however, everyone wants something different for their car and their money.

I had mine dyno tuned and there was a red c6 waiting for customer pick-up. Twin Turbos and between 900-1000 RWHP.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom