Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The one I should have kept!

Corvette
89 White Cvt/Hdtp 89 Callaway #59
Not a Callaway but the 68 L-88 I owned from 1978-1981 is on Jan 06 cover of Corvette Fever. I purchaced the car from the original owner. If I'd kept it would have had enough value to buy a speedster :cry Any way have some great memories of that car and I'm sure it doesn't sound the same without header sidepipes!!! :beer Ike

C-4 Now said:
Not a Callaway but the 68 L-88 I owned from 1978-1981 is on Jan 06 cover of Corvette Fever. I purchaced the car from the original owner. If I'd kept it would have had enough value to buy a speedster :cry Any way have some great memories of that car and I'm sure it doesn't sound the same without header sidepipes!!! :beer Ike

...maybe I should keep the car - if I read between the lines ;)

The Callaway Twin Turbos are the L88's of the 80's - 90's ;)

C-4 Now said:
The one I should have kept!

Yes.

That is all. ;)

Last weeeknd, I had the honor and pleasure of going to a shop where a pair of 1968 L88's were there along w/ a 1969 L88 - Ohh man! My heart dropped a beat :eek

Maybe one day, our B2K's will be regarded in the same light :cool

I am sure we all have the stories of the cars we wish we still had. Mine was an original 1968 RS Z/28 Camaro I owned from 69 to 72. Every time I see what they are selling for I get sick. That little 302 was one bad little small block.

Lucy64 said:
That little 302 was one bad little small block.

I've still got one of these little beauties, well at least the motor, tranny and 12 bolt rearend. I quite agree with you statement.:beer

I also had a red-red 69 Z-28 the 302 was definately a screamer but spark plugs and valve adjustment was very regular. Most of the new muscle is pretty easy by comparison :upthumbs Ike

C-4 Now said:

I have never meet anybody who owned a vette who said they were glad they sold it. Everyone and I mean everyone always says they wished they would have kept their vette, whatever the year. But then those who buy used vettes would never have a fun car to drive.

The problem is very few people can keep multiple Corvettes. Storage, maintenace, etc. Many of the C-2's & C-3's I owned are now worth big $$$ but only a few of them made a large impression. The L-88 was one of those cars!

I have three stories of I wish I would have kept them. 1)My very first car a 1967 Firebird H.O. w\326, 4 speed and 10 bolt posi in my school colors- green and gold. 2) My first Corvette a 71 Vert 454\365 4 speed green on green, boy was it in rough shape, but it ran like a champ. I put about 5K miles on it and at least 4K of those miles were driving it sideways. I drove that Vette to school many times with the top down wearing a helmut and scarf in the middle of winter- crazy but fun! 3) A 78 Silver Anniversary, L82, 4speed, 3.70 rear with oyster interior.
I guess we all do have those stories to tell- It was fun just thinking about them, thanks!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom