Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The questions we all get asked......

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
......each time we're out cruising in our solid axles or midyears.

You know. "How fast will she go?".........."What year is it?" Etc. ;)

Well, I just returned from a short run down to the local coffee shop. I needed a late afternoon dose of caffeine and octane. When I got out of the car there was a guy, in his mid-50's, sitting outisde the shop having a cigarette.

"Is that one of them there L's?", he says.

"L's?", says me.

"Yah. You know...........L......something or other.", he replies.

"You don't mean L-88, do ya?", I come back with.

"Yah! Is that what it is?", he says excitedly. :eek:hnoes

Well, I'll leave my answer to your imagination, but I'll bet that those of us who actually drive these cars around can put together a great list of questions we've heard from Joe Public.

So, what are some of yours? :confused

:upthumbs

Starbucks

Guy outside of Starbucks-----I had one just like your '79 there!!----I thought I had a '66. I am glad he was there:duh

Whaddya do for a livin'? Must pay pretty good.

How much did it cost you?

What kinda mileage ya get with that thing? My personal favorite cause I can throw it right back in their face and say "32 MPG on the highway."

Can I have a ride? Second favorite. It would be my first if I was single ;)

Everytime my father in law sees my Vette- How much is that thing worth? I always reply with the same answer. NOTHING' CAUSE IT AIN'T FOR SALE!!!!

When I take out the 67, I always get told " I cant believe you drive that thing, it's got to be worth a fortune" I tell them I have really good insurance.

My questions

From the local parts shop guy
"When are ya gonna saw's all those headlights off?"

From my runner at work
" I'll give ya 5 grand for it AS IS, and that's being generous, got the pink with you?"

From local people walking up
" Who did that front end work?"

I'll show em......hopefully sooner than later...

Vig~

When I get to drive my father in laws '62;

What did you pay? :nono

Wanna race for pinks? (guy in old Toyota pickup) :eyerole

What year is it? :D

Will you call me when you sell it? (handing me a business card) :naughty:

While filling up my 62 last year at a Sunoco gas station next to a new C6 and its new owner who asked

Hey what kind of car is that ,its the same color as mine

While at a car cruise at a local Mall with my 62 a fellow interupted my conversation to tell me that it should be outrite criminal that I installed an aftermarket stereo in a corvette of my vintage. I ruined the car. they should be left original for future owners to enjoy ,they are a part of history.

This guy was disturbed I cut the dash to install the stereo. I just explained I had a week moment , I was just happy he didnt notice the 454 or the tube chassis or the other modifications I had done

Some of the worst comment I get is when some loud mouth comes up and says "Is this thing for sale" I quietly say no then they loudly say " I give you 40,000.00 CASH! I nicely thank them for the offer and say no ,only for them to continue to loudly offer monies for the car .

Now when I meet a loud mouth I tell them to give me there bag of money and take the car, that seams to quiet them down as they start to quietly tell me what they have to do to get the money and when they want to pick it up . I seam to attract these type of folks

I usually get... Holy S _ _ T..!! That thing is Loud..!!! Turn That Thing Off..!!

I didn't know they made a "502" BB in 65..??:D

What year is it? 1960.
How much is it worth? Only as much as someone will give me when I decide to sell it.

Please forgive me for invading this thread, but I usually get the following question from little ones..

"Wow mister! Is that Batman's car?"

Some of my favorites are:
My uncle (neighbor, roomate in college, etc.) had one JUST like yours, except it was a different color and year.
How much did it cost?
You could have bought a Mercedes..-..(which I did)
Can I borrow it?

Yesterday a guy asks me: "What's the highest you have ever been offered for your Corvette?"
I had to just look at him and smile.

#1 Did you buy it when it was new ?
#2 Did it come with a Big Block ?
#3 Didn't they all have 327s ?
#4 They didn't have Dual Fours from the factory.

4 dumb questions in that order. :chuckle

Now when I meet a loud mouth I tell them to give me there bag of money and take the car, that seams to quiet them down as they start to quietly tell me what they have to do to get the money and when they want to pick it up . I seam to attract these type of folks
:boogie:boogie:boogie:upthumbs I've done the same thing!!!;LOL;LOL;LOLAnd the Most fun I have is when some Dingle Dorf calls,asks about a car and comes out to look, then tells me that there is no need to unlock it unless you'll take $XXXX for it!!!:boogie:boogie:boogieI leave them standing there Scratching there Zzz,and go back to work!!!:D:D:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom