Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The questions we all get asked......

the 63 coupe attracts them all

63 coupe classic comments

" The early 64s were made with the split window, is that a 63 or 64?"

"looking for a late 65 coupe because they were made without the roof vents"

"what kind of car is that?"

"that's my favorite color!" saddle tan/ saddle leather

"was that an original color?"

"are those......... wheel covers......knock off wheels?"

"how fast does it go?"

"what year?"

"I had a 62 just like that"

Random guy in a huge pickup: "Hey, i used to own that car! now i got a C6 Z06"

Are you high-tech?

And definately the most common: how much did it set you back?

As my luck would allow though, 99% of questions come from older guys. God forbid some hottie talk to me about my car :hb

i think my most common comment is something like "i had one JUST like that, you know a big block or split window or 350 or hemi with dual exhausts" :eyerole

another one is "is it for sale?"...to which i say "EVERYTHING you're looking at here is for sale, bub, start at $60k for the roadster and $75k for the coupe, the compressor goes for $250, the tools will go for $500, my beach chairs go for $100..just let me know"

finally, i do get asked "is it expensive to fix these cars?"...to which i answer "it'd be cheaper to have a mistress"

:upthumbs

Is it for sale?
Do you see a for sale sign anywhere on it? Everything is for sale at the right price.

Come on, how much?
Very expensive.

What is very expensive?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it

I can afford it.
Do you have it in cash on you?
I can write you a check.
I can mail you the car.

fark em all

This is so funny I have had the Batman comment 2 times. I have only had the car less than 2 weeks. Of course my car is Black on Black. :rotfl

Did have the other questions posed to me by a nice young lady at the parts house. What yr. How much When ya get it etc etc Only 2 problems I was old enough to be her daddy ;LOL and I have 1 wife already. :boogie

Main thing I like is every comment I get is nice. :D

A few of my favorites.........

hey what kind of car is that?

is that a corvette?

how much did you pay for it?

is it for sale? usually followed by a rediculous offer regardless if you say yes or no.

the batmobile question also. by my kids.

:w

I hear this a bit, Wow i bet you really smoke the tires a lot?

Now showing my age hear, when I hear this I just think to myself oh sure. I just have money fall ling out of my ____ if I need any more I just eat some cabbage and chase it down with a bottle of ink ;shrug

:upthumbs

I have had people argue about them being metal instead of fiberglass. Also kids want
to know where are the door locks, power windows, seats and A/c. I have hear them all.

ONCE INSIDE

Once an admirer is inside they can't seem to figure out what to press or pull to open the door to get back out

My most often asked question is 'is it yours' or some reference to it being 'my dads car'. Is it illegal for a 25 year old to own a nice shark? lol

Do you have it in cash on you?
I can write you a check.
I can mail you the car.

thats the best one yet

I often get asked if I want to sell my YT and my standard reply is "it would be like selling one of my Kids" which usually ends the conversation. I've heard many of those dumb questions many a time since I try to split driving time between my cars. ;LOL

I have had people argue about them being metal instead of fiberglass. Also kids want
to know where are the door locks, power windows, seats and A/c. I have hear them all.

I love that one. I've gotten that one frequently. "The old ones were made better , they were made out of steel"

Once had a guy try to argue with me and say the whole car was made of fiberglass, frame included :eyerole

A guy tapped on the header panel and says "They don't put metal like that in them anymore" and I said "That's right they don't". :)

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom