Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Sweet Sound of an L81+

Good to know Gerry!
Looking forward on seeing the next improved dynorun :)

Groeten Peter

Sounds pretty good Gerry; I note that you have retained the emission equipment and I was wondering what you did for exhaust system. True duals? Cats or chambered?

I have replaced/rebuilt all of my emissions components and still have the E4ME and ECM, but want to do something with the exhaust and retain the cat(s) to feed the AIR pump. My exhaust is still the stock set up, but would like a more 'free breathing'.

Thanks.....greydbj

Gerry and Peter:

This is Bob. I just installed the XE262 in my 81 and it is producing 17lbs of vacume at sea level. The engine runs smoothly but when I really step on it it bogs down. We advanced the timing 1 degree and adjusted the idle. Any ideas on where to do form there?

Thx,

I would suspect that the secondary air valve is opening too fast.

Sounds pretty good Gerry; I note that you have retained the emission equipment and I was wondering what you did for exhaust system. True duals? Cats or chambered?

I have replaced/rebuilt all of my emissions components and still have the E4ME and ECM, but want to do something with the exhaust and retain the cat(s) to feed the AIR pump. My exhaust is still the stock set up, but would like a more 'free breathing'.

Thanks.....greydbj

Grey,

Sorry for the late reply.

I went back to stock: stock L81 manifolds (intake and Exhaust), front Y pipe, rear, Y pipe, and mufflers as well. I have a high-flow cat converter, but it is connected to the air pump too. It is the high flow cat available from Corvette Central. I still have an original cat for the L81, but the high-flow ones are much better.

Ever since I heard Rare81 with its flowmaster 40's, I have wanted to install them on the Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom