Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The 'Vette Z06 Goes Topless

Can you say "Batmobile"? That's what it reminds me of.

Nope....not doin' it for me. Rear end is way too busy. Don't care for those fairings behind the seats either.

Theres only one word that counts when it comes to Z06 convertibles and targa's ...CARRAVAGIO. His seem to be tasteful and done right.

He took off the roof and tripled the torsional rigidity - I call BS. The difference in torsional rigidity between the C6 coupe and the C6 Z06 is easily noticeable from the first time you drive the Z06 after having a C6. Taking off the roof altogether while increasing diagonal flexing resistance is (IMHO) impossible - no matter the mods to the chassis. Liking the looks of the roadster is a matter of personal preference, buying into the fuzzy science of the topless Z06 is another thing. I'd be surprised if GM would want anything to do with that project - and the liabilities. I don't believe in "secret" technology as an answer to an engineering question. But that's just me

I wonder what it would look like in a decent colour...
I'm sorry. Did you say under a decent cover? ;LOL

Gadzooks. Now I have to sneak up on mirrors and watch out for pimps!

In any event, thanks for the news. :w

I kind of think it's unique. I wonder what it would look like if they didn't make a vert out of it? I like the diffuser, it makes the rear end look mean. Not too fond of the taillights though.

Sheeeeesh, that thing is downright UGLY. How to ruin a nice car for only 49,000.00.

Scott

I don't think you should pay for someone else to chop the top off, there is a yellow 2007 Z06 CONVERTIBLE running around Detroit in the Dearborn area. I haven't been able to get close enough for a picture but I've seen it three times in the last month. It might be being run out to Watson Engineering in Taylor, they do alot of stainless exhaust work for the Detroit companies...

...or it may be a wide-body conversion.

I was liking this till I saw the butt! I would order one but keep a stock look!

Wow. Ever bend over in the mirror naked? What did they do to the rear end of that thing?!? :puke

;LOL;LOL

It "HAD" some appeal until I got a glimpse of the rear......:eek:hnoes ;shrug :puke

Maybe $4,900. not $49,000. Looks like add on's that were bought at WalMart.
It is about as smart as making a Z06 pickup. :)

It's ok to mod your car but this one is over-done. Looks too much like a Ferrari from the rear and also reminds me of my '77. For $7k I can supercharge mine then with the remaining $42k look for a mid-year.

It's ok to mod your car but this one is over-done. Looks too much like a Ferrari from the rear and also reminds me of my '77. For $7k I can supercharge mine then with the remaining $42k look for a mid-year.

:L

Good one.

I like it except for the rear end.

The lights need to be completely surrounded, otherwise its a ferrari knockoff. Fix that and it would look a lot better.

I dont know about those grey fins at the bottom either, they look like they were thrown in at the last minute and shouldnt be there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom