Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The 'Vette Z06 Goes Topless

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
The 'Vette Z06 Goes Topless

For an extra $49,000, Genaddi Design Group says it can turn your Z06 into a high-powered droptop

by Alex McCall
ForbesAutos.com
December 27, 2006

Corvette enthusiasts who lament Chevrolet’s decision not to offer its most potent model, the legendary Z06, as a convertible can now pay $49,000 to have Genaddi Design Group of Green Bay, Wis., chop the roof off of their 2006, 2007 or 2008 'Vette Z06.

Genaddi Design Group’s convertible Corvette concoction is called the LSR Roadster. It looks pretty wild, with an open cabin, futuristic aluminum body panels, racing seats, larger wheels and wider tires. It features a throatier exhaust rumble, thanks to a MagnaFlow stainless-steel exhaust system.

Though it does sell the base Corvette as a convertible, Chevrolet does not plan to offer the higher-powered Z06 as a droptop, partly because the company found that removing the roof would increase weight by necessitating additional structural reinforcements and, despite those reinforcements, would still reduce torsional strength. Both of these factors would hamper this car’s sole reason for being: to go really fast.

Mark Gerisch, designer and CEO of Genaddi Design Group, and his team figured out how to remove the roof of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 while tripling the torsional rigidity. Asked how they achieved this feat, Gerisch said, “That’s a trade secret.” So secret, he claimed, that his refusal to share the how-to with GM led to their parting of ways on the project.

Orders for the LSR Roadster — whose $49,000 price does not include the cost of a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 — are steady, Gerisch said. He also predicts an overflow of business from owners of the well-received Ford GTX-1, a topless rework of the Ford GT that his company recently unveiled at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

Wow. Ever bend over in the mirror naked? What did they do to the rear end of that thing?!? :puke

Definitely a unique/expensive looking ride.

Z06-lsr-frt-thumb.jpg

Z06-lsr%20profile_medium.jpg

Z06-lsr-rear_medium.jpg

• Admin
I like it. I think the rear-end is Ferrari-ish.

WHY ?????????

Sorry............

I don't like any angle of it. I didn't care for the C6 but they've grown on me, but this I don't like, NOT that I'll ever have to worry about it $$$.

Good to see that I am not the only one who thought that car is horrible..

49 grand? Big secret of how? Sounds like a con job to me..

OMG its terrible.

Just buy a convertible C6 and supercharge the dam thing for 7500 installed and tuned..

Leave the Z06 alone. That was some poor design job...

Really horrible ...(IMO)

that car was so ugly it was afraid to bend........http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12111&d=1167245582

The taillights were too large and the drop off angle on the rear bumper too steep...

The drawings were nice...the execution is way off...

49 grand? Did any cough that up yet?

Ugh-lee!

I'll leave mine stock.

If someone has an extra 49 Gran more to spend on it, more power to them. :ugh :eyerole ;shrug

Interesting rearend. A little "broad in the beam" for me!

...and for another $49,000, I'd buy a C6 vert with a 100,000 mile warranty...

New '73!

Reminds me of a new 74 from the rear/side. I did not like my 74 either.

Amazing how they brought the rear end down! Now if they can only add a rear uprise like the '68-'73, that would be cool. The rear diffuser is way overdone, so chill out with that and you're there!
Of course, for ~$120,000 I guess I won't get the chance :ugh

Not for me. I agree with Warren........show me the pimp.

I'm going to swim against the tide. I like it! I wonder what it would look like in a decent colour... maybe yellow? :)

-Mac

I'm going to swim against the tide. I like it! I wonder what it would look like in a decent colour... maybe yellow? :)

Nah, a decent color would be black. But I agree with you- it's got really intriguing lines. I like it, too.

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom