Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Wave

I have found that there are some people that dont belong in vette's and those are the ones that dont wave. When the C5 came out a neighbor down the street bought one. I would be out washing my car and when i saw him drive buy i waved and he never gave me a look. As time went on he got better. Now when i see him he waves at me, even when he isn't in his vette. It happens all the time, and most of the time i dont even expect a wave back. Oh well i will just keep waving. However sometimes i feel like doing a 180 in the middle of the road and taking chase.

Craig

vetteboy86 said:
I have found that there are some people that dont belong in vette's and those are the ones that dont wave. When the C5 came out a neighbor down the street bought one. I would be out washing my car and when i saw him drive buy i waved and he never gave me a look. As time went on he got better. Now when i see him he waves at me, even when he isn't in his vette. It happens all the time, and most of the time i dont even expect a wave back. Oh well i will just keep waving. However sometimes i feel like doing a 180 in the middle of the road and taking chase.

Craig
Everyone should just keep waving.

Eventually, an ignorant first time corvette owner will ask why everyone keeps waving at them and they will then know. Either that, or they will realize that only other corvette drivers are waving and the idea will enter their brain.

So, wave folks. The one you don't wave to might be me and that would hurt my car's feelings. It's a good vette and deserves to be treated well.

I drive a C5 and I wave at all Vettes. Maybe the difference is in the past I also owned a C3 and a C4.:w

When i see a corvette i not only wave i also check out the car. In my experience the people that dont wave 95% percent of the time dont even look my way. It is those people that I really get a kick out of. I am collect waves in my Trans Am, so waving at corvettes should not be a problem.

craig

I always wave ... but don't get many back. Oh well maybe they will learn.

My neatest wave experience was last year, I was going from Mississippi to Louisianna. The border on I-10 is a very high bridge almost a mile long across the Pearl River. It was a nice day and I had my top off. As I was coming down the bridge I noticed another white Vette in the oncoming direction. I was in the "fast" lane ;) and noticed that they had no traffic and were in the proper lane (which is a rarety for LA drivers from what I've seen.) Anyway the guy must have seen me also and moved to the left lane. Just as I held up my wave both guys in the C5 Vert held up very enthusiastic waves. The guy in the passenger seat nearly jumped out of the car, was standing and gave me a two handed wave. First wave from a C5 and it made me feel pretty good for the rest of my trip to the "Big Easy."

So keep up the wave. They will wave back.:w :w

I wave at all vettes. The non wavers mostly seem to be C5"s...but I will continue to wave even if they ignore me. When my 12 year old daughter is with me, she waves at parked vettes too, with no one in them. I asked her why she waves at empty vettes and she said..."I'm waving at the car,I think it looks cool". :w

I ususally wave in a BIG way.. If they are somewhat aware of whats around them, they see me!(and either wave back, or think Im a crazy man swatting a bee!)
;LOL;LOL

Got a nice big wave from a C5 today.
There are some REAL Corvette owners in C5's.

Hey MrMick, from your avatar I'm going to assume that you are a diver. :cool Welcome to the CAC...good to have another diver on board. :w

I, too, have experienced those others who are either too snobbish, ignorant, or uninformed to "WAVE". Life's too short, just keep waving!!!!! Perhaps one day they will understand what it's all about!

Imagine, just a few days ago an approaching "pimpmobile" (blue Neon with wide white racing stripe, lowered and tinted, actually gave me a "thumbs down" as we passed...I still waved to the jerk. I just wouldn't lower myself.

:w

MrMick said:
I went cruising Sunday with the top off. Very nice day and had a great time.
Lots of Vettes out cruising. BUT,I noticed an odd thing.
Here in southern Ohio it's nearly impossible to get THE WAVE from a C-5 owner.
Don't they know about The Wave. Are they snooty Baby Boomers who are too good to Wave.
Don't they know THE WAVE is a Corvette tradition? A duty!
A recognition of Brotherhood. A Kinship know only by a few!
:( But sadly,no wave.
I think those who don't wave should be doomed to sit a listen to a Mustang rust, practising THE WAVE that whole week.
Wake up Ohio C-5 owners. Look down at us lowly C-4 owners and Wave.
We'll be happy to Wave back.:w
I too am originally from Ohio, now in Michigan via Oklahoma City. I am a C5 owner ('04 z06) and I do wave at all Corvettes. To me it's recognizing another who has the good taste and sense to drive a Vette. I've been waving since I had my 1st Vette over 30 years ago. But I will agree that allot of C5 owners do think too much of themselves to wave. I wave, I like to do it, and will continue to do so. You contine to wave also, maybe you're next one will knock one of these primadonnas off their self made pedistals.

Ron (2k2z06)

A Wet Wave.

Thanks for everyone's input.Glad to know I'm not the Lone Ranger on The Wave.
Just a quick note:
Last week I did A dive to recover a car driven into a pond.
I went down and Lo and Behold,a '76 sitting on the bottom.( Only about 14 ft. but.........) After reading all these feedbacks,the first thing I did was give it .......THE WAVE.:w
Thanks Again,
MrMick

had to look at where you are located.. First thought was OH SH!T, SALT WATER!

I just got my 2004 C5 in January, I was actually looking for a C3 but couldn't find one that didn't need major work, besides Chevrolet made me an offer on a C5 I couldn't refuse. Since I've had the car, I've been a waving fool. Anyway, I do appreciate the hertitage and tradition of "The Wave." I've watched Vettes pass by since I was a kid riding in the back of my Dad's car dreaming of someday gettng my own Covette. Finally.

I think a lot of you are on to what is happening. Many of the people that own C5's, have them because they are a cool, fast, ride, and have no idea about what Corvetting is all about. Some will come around in time, others will sell their Vette in a couple of years, and never understand what all the fuss is about. I'll keep waving because it's nice to see some good people out there. The more of us that keep on a waving, the better chance of some of the other's catching on. :w

Got a C5 wave today.
Nice couple - Electron Blue C5.
I was headed to the next town over for our monthly Corvette Club meeting today.
I waved as I went thru the yellow light.

They passed me (and returned the wave) on the Interstate so I tagged in behind em.
Once we broke thru traffic, he punched it up to 95mph. I followed suit.
Nice growl from the back of his car when he put his foot in it! :D

Sure enough they took my exit but didnt turn off the next road to head to the meeting.
No telling where they were headed - Sunday Drivers! haha

Reefdiver,

We just hooked a wrecker to it and drug it out.It looked prettty sad and will take alot of effort to put it right again.It went through a wooden fence before going into the pond.
Mrmick

One day I was surprised at the number of Corvettes I happened to pass by within a 10 minute span all going to different places. I passed by and waved enthusiastically to _fifteen_ C5s.

Not one of them waved back. Not one! One of the C5s drivers even gave me a look like I was a moron or was wanting to start something. And several of them noticed me but looked away like I was some beggar holding a 'will work for food' sign.

I guess that's another part of the difference between owning a corvette and being a car enthusiast. A lot of non-enthusiasts own shiny new C5's because it's the flavor of the month until they buy their next new car and sell the old one off to the commoners.

I wave to C5s anyway. Because there are real enthusiasts in C5s, too (outnumbered by the rich yuppies)... and because... maybe they'll start to notice that it's different on the road when you're in a vette... and then maybe they'll take notice of the rich tradition of corvettes.

Hey, you! The car you're driving is something special! Pay attention! And maybe you'll turn into a car enthusiast yourself.

Incidentally, I don't just wave to other Corvettes. I wave to all american sportcars... Camaros, Firebirds, and Vipers included. Heh. Sure Vipers are a rival to Corvettes of sorts. You could argue for hours over which is better. But the way I see it, I'm glad their on our side. They add to America's kick @#$! lineup.

- Skant

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom