Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thinking of painting the car Satin black, what do you think?

D

Da Hawaiian Punch

I'm thinking about seriuosly changing the color of my C-4 to Satin (Satan) black.

what do you think?

punchs-car-satin-black.jpg

PDC_0013.jpg

Up Date:

I've decided not to go for it right now, it was just an idea I was entertaining for a while, I do like the stock color but also being who I am, I get bored very easily, so in result, I thought about changing the color of my car and to think about doing it in a color that nobody dared do on they're perfectly running, and in good body conditioned Vette.

Mahalo for all your comments gang!!!

What did you use to alter your photo Kalani? Adobe? :confused

Good job! :cool

That would sure be unique! How do you care for such a finish? If you waxed it, wouldn't it become too glossy? Just thinking of how to keep the look for years to come....

Either choice it's a great looking car!

Vince

Ken said:
What did you use to alter your photo Kalani? Adobe? :confused

Good job! :cool
I wish I could claim being the one who did this, but it was actully a buddy of mine who has the Photo shop skill's Ken.
I will be sure to ask for you and give you the info on what program he uses ok.

Vinn said:
That would sure be unique! How do you care for such a finish? If you waxed it, wouldn't it become too glossy? Just thinking of how to keep the look for years to come....

Either choice it's a great looking car!

Vince
Well, I'm not sure but there will be clear sprayed over the flat black, so I would guess that I'd clean it like I normally would, I'm sure somebody who would know for sure will step in and correct me if I'm out in left field some where. ;)
Mahalo for the nice comment by the way.

To me, the met. turquoise is super fine.

Da Hawaiian Punch said:
I'm thinking about seriuosly changing the color of my C-4 to Satin (Satan) black.

what do you think?
Wooooooov, looks perfect... Like the "invisible aircraft". Looks odd, scary, misterious, and all...

Selim

Well, yes, no, yes, no, y-e-s, n-o. Oh damn, New Years resolution--Be more decisive!!!!!

Randy;)

the matte black looks un-finished... and a bit ricey :(

I like the turquoise... very rare color, and very well liked too. Your car looks so awesome the way it is, I couldn't see changing it!

It looks very sinister and old school at the same time. One of the best ways to do it is to use black primer followed with a clear coat with flattening agent added. You can knock the gloss down to almost nothing with enough flattener in the clear. You can wash it, wax it, whatever after that and the top coat clear also gives UV protection. Wax may make it a little shineyer but it will never be more than a satin finish.

Go for it.:D

Tom

It cerainly is a different look!! A few years ago, I saw a pic of a Vette that an Air Force piolt owned and he managed to paint it with the same camo/radar-absorbing paint used on his F15 :eek The pic showed both his Vette and his F15 together and really looked great.

The primer look is defiitely retro and will stand out at shows, but one problem I can see is when you eventually go to sell the car. It could be pretty hard to find a buyer who wanted that type of finish.

You will definately need a clear with a flattening agent over the color coat as you might have a hard time keeping the base color coat in that satin finish. Any rubbing on the color will lead to smoothing it out and creating glossy spots.

I'm partial to the black as well....but a gloss look would suit me more. Hard to say cuz it looks great the way it is but definitely more "evil" in black! Great ground effects...bet they hide the exhaust well in back. Not a big fan of the "ricer" look in general but the effects along w/ the wheels make for a great package on your car!:_rock

c4cruiser said:
It cerainly is a different look!! A few years ago, I saw a pic of a Vette that an Air Force piolt owned and he managed to paint it with the same camo/radar-absorbing paint used on his F15 :eek The pic showed both his Vette and his F15 together and really looked great.

The primer look is defiitely retro and will stand out at shows, but one problem I can see is when you eventually go to sell the car. It could be pretty hard to find a buyer who wanted that type of finish.

You will definately need a clear with a flattening agent over the color coat as you might have a hard time keeping the base color coat in that satin finish. Any rubbing on the color will lead to smoothing it out and creating glossy spots.
is there a way you might be able to hunt down that picture for me please?

Go for it. What is the most that could happen, other then you not liking it afterwards. However black is as best of a corvette color then any.

Craig

Ken said:
Thanks Kalani.

Shaka.gif
Hey Ken, Just letting you know that I havent forogtten about you guy, just waiting on a reply from my buddy on the type of program he use's, I'll hopefully have an answer by this evening some time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom