Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Thoughts on vendors for interior stuff

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
:w Hi All!

So, the '82 is getting a refresh to its interior. The last time this was done was '88 or '89.

Here's the list of parts I'll replace-
  • Mounted seat covers
  • Door panels
  • Carpet
  • Door handle / armrests

Any thoughts on which supplier- Mid America, Corvette Central, Corvette America, or Eckler's? If you have a recommendation- which one?? I've redone two C3 interiors in the past 20 years, three if you count the fact I replaced my 78's twice. ;)

Looking for your thoughts CAC!

Mid America makes their own, and having watched them stitch carpets and seats, I'm impressed by the quality. I don't know who really makes the sets others sell. I know they are not all made in-house. Al Knoch has been around forever, and old timers swear by them. They also show up at every major show, and stock hundreds of styles in their semi.

Your choices are endless.

I'm with Catbert...Mid-America does a top notch job and they stand behind there product!!!
ask Tom01 about the seat covers he picked up at Mid-America a couple of years ago!

I can vouch for Mid-America.....

Thanks Tom- the pictures are great in terms of giving me a visual as to quality!:thumb

Here's what I think I am seeing... there are only a handful of manufactures and a lot of distributors. Mid America and Al Knoch makes their own products an the others distribute another manufacturer's products (I think Corvette America makes their own). So in theory, the quality one distributor has is relative to who they get the parts from. Which means if two retailers use the same manufacturer- the only difference would be service.

Pricing what I need out... Mid America is at the high end and then (with a coupon for up to 20% off) Wilcox at the low end. I used Wiclox for my '80 (claret), Mid America for my '78 the first time around (gong from brown to doeskin), and then Eckler's for my '78 on the second trip through (doeskin to black).

I am going to go leather/vinyl like OE. Seems like most of the base prices for mounted seats are the same- around $799. Carpet varies- mass backed with jute & etc. Door panels are within $30 each for OE reproductions.

I wish Mid America offered a discount for a package like they used to. Or a discount for spending a lot of money. Maybe they do- I just didn't find it.

I ordered a complete interior, seat cushions, covers, dash cap, door panels, carpet, A Pillars, T-Top head liners and the list goes on. I ordered it all from Ecklers and took advantage of 15-20 off codes they sent out monthly.

Most everything came from Corvette America.

Karsten

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom